help wiz gearbox

vick

Member +
wel lads i change me gearbox a few week ago but when am in traffic if i put it in gear the car jump n sometime dnt even want to go in gear n when i press the clutch paddle i hold it make a noise n if it on gear the car want to move why is tht ant info lads
thanks vick

clarkytrd

Member +
is it making noise when u press the clutch?? - clutch release bearing maybe??

anymore info you can give us?

vick

Member +
is it making noise when u press the clutch?? - clutch release bearing maybe??

anymore info you can give us?
i was told by a mecanic today it could be the bearing or pressure plate bcoz when i press the clutch paddle to put in gear it does the noise like metal

vick

Member +
wel lads i was driving back home tonite from work when i reach home just going in my garden i put the car in 1st gear n my food was in the floor the car just jump n knock off n then when i start it up back again it dnt want to go in gear n the clutch paddle was very soft like ther is nothing ther anyone can tel me was wrong ther
bcoz am getting confuse now someone saying it could be the gearbox , pressure plate or bearing any info lads
thanks vick

clarkytrd

Member +
pull the rubber off the box where the fork is and see how freely the fork moves, you should be able to see down into it and see the bearing not on the fork.

hope this helps

vick

Member +
wel lads here is picture after i took the box out on wednesday clutch n flywheel i got tht clutch of eec a few month ago n the spring let go can i tel them abt tht or no any more info lads
i ll try to upload them later on as photobucket is nt working dnt know why
http://toyotaownersclub-irl.forumot...o-f38/need-help-wiz-gearbox-lads-t3074-30.htm

149255_168275866528788_100000391262376_401031_6070608_n.jpg

73882_168448856511489_100000391262376_402305_1789820_n.jpg

Last edited:

vick

Member +
where you launchn car very hard or somethin thats only way i can think of such a thing happening
i dnt even lunch the car hard mate bcoz i always ve me girlfrnd wiz me she dnt like me driving fast n when i try to take off from stand still the car used to jump

clarkytrd

Member +
i would give john at east coast a shout and see what he says...

i dont have a clue how the springs could have came out of it as they are a great clutch!

see what he says anyway mate.

vick

Member +
i would give john at east coast a shout and see what he says...

i dont have a clue how the springs could have came out of it as they are a great clutch!

see what he says anyway mate.
i pm him already wiz picture he say he ll get back to me n ther is lots left on the clutch
how could the spring broke am stil thinking abt tht

whiteglanzav

Member +
i had that problem before mate

turns out that one of the bottom gearbox bolts was missing putting excess pressure on one side if the clutch and it did the exact same thing and i had all the same problems and symptoms u described

vick

Member +
i had that problem before mate

turns out that one of the bottom gearbox bolts was missing putting excess pressure on one side if the clutch and it did the exact same thing and i had all the same problems and symptoms u described
bt me i ve all the bolt on my gearbox which one u were missing anyways