Help

yan

Member +
Hi there, recently i just notice that my car is not boosting means nearly 0.1 pressure bar. Done a check n saw a crack in the turbo (ct12) at the wastegate door. I decided to drill the crack and weld it. And there is nt any more crack inside.
But the prob is now the pressure does not go above 0.5 bar when compared to before it was 1 bar.
Any help is appreciated

Nwimie

Member +
sounds a bit crappy welding a wastegate.... i would suggest a new wastegate as that seems the obvious place to start.

Momentum

Fresh Recruit
Yeah i would look into a new wastegate maybe... if it was cracked its maybe to old from new and welding it up mighten be the best option... obviously its still leaking as you still have boost issues..

yan

Member +
Dont u think its the actuator which is not working properly. its a standard actuator. How can i check it

scatman56

Member +
you have in the head cover pc valve or gas valve ...but ,it fail cause missing boost..........and check blow off vacum

yan

Member +
I ve just cause a boost creep by temporalily close the door of the wastegate, that is not to enable air to move from the housing to the xhaust. And the result is it boost again 1 bar, so probably the problem is the actuator, am i rite,

gt184

Fresh Recruit
what kind of job was done welding it was it a good tidy job and you are sure there is no leaking ore holes

gt184

Fresh Recruit
prob they give a bit o bother the spring gets weak get a hks one i have one on mine and have it boosting a bar got 184.3 bhp and 176 lb o torq last weekend on rollers was well happy