Help !! :(

LoganK

Member +
Last night after a driving home I noticed a burning smell from my engine, so I popped my bonnet and noticed oil everywhere! So I clean it all and couldnt find it leaking or spurting out from anywhere. So I closed the bonnet, drove it the rest of the way home and got out, popped the bonnet and oil everywhere again!

I dont know much about engines so I left it and then this morning went out, started it with the bonnet open and no oil from anywhere.. but the chambers 1 and 2 from the spark plugs have alot of oil in them and the exhaust no sounds like a subaru..(which i dont think it healthy). When I drove it yesterday it pulled fine and no smoke and even this morning, no smoke when I revved it.

But I know something is up because the underside of my bonnet was covered in oil too! I stay miles away from any garages as I stay in the middle of nowhere and I dont want to drive it! I asked my mate and he says it could be a piston, piston rings or my head gasket!

Can anyone shed any light? If you need to know more I can answer any question on what is happening.

Thanks

Logan

LoganK

Member +
how can I be 100% certain on what the problem is? What can I do to be 100% sure it is the rings ?

LoganK

Member +
Sounds like ringland failure mate. Does bucket not have a couple of engines at the moment?

Just off the phone to bucket, he said start the engine take dipstick out once engine has heated up and if smoke comes out it then its the rings, but he doesnt really want me to start it incase its not the rings and I break something else on it and nah he only has the one sitting for his 4x4 mate

LoganK

Member +
I just went and started it, let it heat up a bit, took the dipstick out and smoke was coming out of where the dipstick should be! :(

Defo piston rings gone!

Do I need a full rebuild? or a new engine?

Is there no way I can save my engine lol its only done 48,000miles!

bucketep91

Member +
iv got 2 engines, 1s fucked and the others for the 4x4. sorry i couldnt come up for a look mate the cars not registered till 2moz or tuesday, first chance i get ill come up. did you speak to gary?

LoganK

Member +
iv got 2 engines, 1s fucked and the others for the 4x4. sorry i couldnt come up for a look mate the cars not registered till 2moz or tuesday, first chance i get ill come up. did you speak to gary?

its cool mate :)

hes gonna phone me back mate and im away all next week to work in birmingham so next weekend you could come up to mine?

Just gutted it had to go wrong the now when im trying to sell it and i dont have any money to fix it, utterly skint and will be for a while too :( gonna declare it sorn as my tax is up this month, soo gutted..

bucketep91

Member +
i know the feeling mate i just went through the same thing with my glanza, after crashing it then fixing it, head gasket going, fixing it then bottom end went and had to fix that too all that just to sell it!

stick with it mate

LoganK

Member +
ano, just phoned gary, he said best to get new engine, will be cheaper, just need to look out for an engine with lowish mileage!

Mikey4410

Member +
Yea a second engine might be a better idea.the chances are that bits of piston etc have gone everywere internally and it may wel be ruined!

Shorty

Member +
Strip the whole thing down, get a chemical clean on the block done,wch isnt expensove, then build it back up with new rings mate ;)