help

scottfoster

Member +
hi there all car is running rich no smoke or anything like that just wanting so sort the problem any ideas + how can i pin point the problem

gv1.3

Admin
Hi mate,

is it stock? if not can you give some info on what mods you have.

Also how do you know it is running rich?

scottfoster

Member +
yer i am running
1 bar boost on ct9b
blitz front mount int
stainless steel ex up to cat

i can smell it thats how i know mate well had car for 2 years now no problems until this not bad for a 15 year old car

when you have put mods on do you have to have it set up at a garage

AdamB

Member +
If your running 1 bar what other mods do you have? You must have FCD and FPR? They have to be setup with a wideband. Your more likely running lean than running rich if you don't have either of these, or an aftermarket ecu like a plug and play.

gv1.3

Admin
you dont mention an aftermarket ECU or an adjustable fuel regulator so unless something has gone wrong you should be fueling at stock levels. If anything I would say you are probably under fueling when running 1 bar of boost and no fueling mods. Your stock ECU will be fueling for .8 bar if you just have an FCD installed for example.

I dont think you have listed all mods as you say you are boosting 1 bar so you must be controlling fuelcut somehow. Can you give a bit more detail on any other mods you might have.

You should always have fueling checked to make sure its not over/under fueling. You can do it yourself with a wideband or have it done at a graage for a few quid.

edit: --Snap-- Adam beat me to it :)