helpppppppppppppp decat issue!

jwtdave

Fresh Recruit
hi guys i fitted my decat today and since its been on the car only boosts at 0.55 bar rather than the 0.7 its sat at for a year now..........

i had a look for any loose pipe but couldnt find anything leaking...

sad face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what can it bee!!!! :((((

lukep

Member +
Have you still got standard actuator mate? If so there shockingly shit, you need to get a hks one and set it to what you require.

jwtdave

Fresh Recruit
got a toms one in a box waiting to be fitted ....could this be my issue? lol jus seems weird it was holding boost before hand? :)

lukep

Member +
Well if it's been stood 12 month the diaphram might of perished, mine was only on the car 35k and when I put a vac tester on it it opened as soon as I started to pump meaning the spring is very soft. Are the toms actuator adjustable or just static at 1bar?

96v

Member +
Well if it's been stood 12 month the diaphram might of perished, mine was only on the car 35k and when I put a vac tester on it it opened as soon as I started to pump meaning the spring is very soft. Are the toms actuator adjustable or just static at 1bar?

lol, i think he ment the car has been run at .7 for a year now :) but yeh i think it might be your actuator or possibly the gasket not sitting properly on the decat :s

jwtdave

Fresh Recruit
lol, i think he ment the car has been run at .7 for a year now :) but yeh i think it might be your actuator or possibly the gasket not sitting properly on the decat :s

yeah your right lol and i did think the gasket was proper pikey lol il put the origional back on see if it makes a diff......thanks for the advise :)

by the way the toms one is adjustable :) not bad for £40

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
dave, shud have contacted me, i aint to far from ya, and always willing to help a local starlet out.....
Drop me a Pm if yu still having issues.

jwtdave

Fresh Recruit
dave, shud have contacted me, i aint to far from ya, and always willing to help a local starlet out.....
Drop me a Pm if yu still having issues.

i feel loved lol il try the gasket mate and il get back to you thanks :D:D:D

probly shoulda got a braced decat owell shit happens

jwtdave

Fresh Recruit
hmm

ive put the old gasket back on and still no difference!!

should i just whack the toy tuning actuator on and whack it to 0.8 bar?

sounds like a plan to me haha

garo

Member +
Could try but keep the boost around or below 0.8 bar, just keep an eye on the boost gauge and watch for fuel cut (occures aroung 0.85 bar) as you dont want this to happen.
Will cause damage and cause the engine to run lean.