hesitation :(

woff

Member +
rite well the story goes, me and a friend fitted a manifold and decat to his car along with a hks actuator, now when he puts his foot down itl reach 4-5k rpm with ease but then hesitates and looses power has anyone had this before? thanks in advance

Stulet-GTT

Member +
What is your boost set to? set it about .8ish...

But yes if your hittin around 5k revs then it will be fuel cut...

stuarty1

Member +
if it is fuel cuting it will jerck and get on if u keep pushing it the engine management should cum on but but will turn off wen u turn the car on and off

woff

Member +
if it is fuel cuting it will jerck and get on if u keep pushing it the engine management should cum on but but will turn off wen u turn the car on and off

it was set at .6 and it was doing it then, now its set to .8 and it seems slightly worse he says. thanks lads :) greatly appretiated.

stuarty1

Member +
wat mods are done to the car ?? an exaust and air filter can do that to the car if its not set up and is boost creepin does it do it in low boost at wen u floor it

ASHep82

Member +
rite well the story goes, me and a friend fitted a manifold and decat to his car along with a hks actuator, now when he puts his foot down itl reach 4-5k rpm with ease but then hesitates and looses power has anyone had this before? thanks in advance

My cars doing similar things but I only have a cat back exhaust and the bypassed the boost selonoid.it's boosting at about 0.7 and mine starts at about 4k revs aswell.when I put my boost selonid back to normal it doesn't do it as bad tho.my dizzy cap and rotar arm are good so it's most probably ht leads or spark plugs.

mg.field

Member +
Sounds like fuel cut to me too. Is the boost stable at .8 , or is it spiking? Wastegates on the standard ct9 are quite small, and don't expell enough exhaust gasses when you start playing with the breathing.

ASHep82

Member +
Sounds like fuel cut to me too. Is the boost stable at .8 , or is it spiking? Wastegates on the standard ct9 are quite small, and don't expell enough exhaust gasses when you start playing with the breathing.

Mine misfires even on low boost mate but not as bad so I don't think it's boost spike.also sounds like the cars only running on 3 cylinders when it starts missing

stuarty1

Member +
mate u fuel cutin like the tinest bit it can do it said if u plant it in low bost and it doesnt do it thats the prob sometimes the ecu gets use to it and stop after a while i know a couple that has done it i stuck a mani and frount mout and it never done it again as they tend to drop a slight bit of boost but that was my old glanza amd its never hadeney probs after

ASHep82

Member +
mate u fuel cutin like the tinest bit it can do it said if u plant it in low bost and it doesnt do it thats the prob sometimes the ecu gets use to it and stop after a while i know a couple that has done it i stuck a mani and frount mout and it never done it again as they tend to drop a slight bit of boost but that was my old glanza amd its never hadeney probs after

So the car can boost spike even at 0.6 Iv got a boost gauge and it doesn't get any higher than 0.6 boost but still it feels like misfiring.doesn't do it if i leave my foot half way down on throttle even at higher revs but as soon as I put the accelerator all the way down it starts juddering

stuarty1

Member +
yea it doesnt matter wat reves u are at its wen u put the foot rite dwn is wen it dumpds the fuel in thats y its cutting if u get a fpr and fcd it will stop that prob mate just get it set up fuel wise a fcd is about 50 or 60 pounds and a frp is around the same and u can det them up ur self they not that hard

ASHep82

Member +
yea it doesnt matter wat reves u are at its wen u put the foot rite dwn is wen it dumpds the fuel in thats y its cutting if u get a fpr and fcd it will stop that prob mate just get it set up fuel wise a fcd is about 50 or 60 pounds and a frp is around the same and u can det them up ur self they not that hard

thanks mate.I just thought boost spike was when your cars over boosting my boost gauge doesn't go past 0.6 but it still missfires.even at low revs you can here and feel it miss