Hey! New to the toyota scene!

oboyle20

Fresh Recruit
So basically ive noticed theres a few different types of the starlet glanza etc, what i want to no is why some are different to insure than others! im 18 with one years no claims! whats the cheapest? gt turbo?

IppyEP82

Member +
welcome along mate.
I don't recommend stating its a non-turbo on the log book!!
It seems that GT-Turbos are cheaper to insure than Glanzas at the moment.

tomgt106

Member +
this thing again..

if its insured as non turbo and you get pulled and the police sees a nice turbo under the bonnet youre screwed :D

GavinDeLuca

Fresh Recruit
welcome mate. don't pretend it's something that it aint or you may as well not insure at all dude cos you won't be covered!

chrisinflight

Fresh Recruit
Welcome. Starlet GT`s seem to be cheaper- maybe there are more "classic-car" policies available. Same advice here. I recently registered a GT with DVLA - as a GT. I had to send all the import docs. etc. which clearly state GT turbo. I suppose it may have gone through as a N/A starlet as i guess the DVLA staff are non-motor-heads and dont have a clue! (They sent the reg. no. doc. and I had number plates made up and when the tax disc arrived it was one digit wrong so i had to get a second set made up!) incompetence! I dont recommend saying it`s a normal starlet as this is technically fraud and if you gat stopped or worse still have an accident- you wont be insured! Simple as that.
cheers,
chris

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
In ireland Glanza's seem the cheaper option due to year,but you'll find they'll just give you a random figure anyhow.
Just insure it right ,and welcome along:)