hi chaps

scubadaz

Member +
hi to all pros on this site i have recently bought a standard no mods gt turbo i love it already i would just like to know where do i start to get more out of it ie life and power and the usual bits and bobs lol

p2d

Member +
up the boost a bit, make sure to change the fueling too!! a fuel pressure regulator should be enough for a small hike in boost. a nice FMIC will not only look sexy but improve power somewhat too.

Kelly

Member +
welcome to the site! (moved post to welcome section)

best thing is to research alot before going out buying bits as one modification usually means needing another modification and so on!

Has your GT got an alarm? best thing to buy as a starting point!

Were down southampton quite often and have friends down with gt's/glanza sure you'll spot them! :)

scubadaz

Member +
no alarm as such the standard i think central locking thing lol not spotted any gts/glanzas yet hopefully will and call me dumb but whats a fmic ??? [ new to all things turbo and so forth lol ]

cole

Member +
front mounted intercooler :)
on the standard gt its on the top ( hence the vent on the bonnet to blow cold air onto it which cools down the boost from the turbo before it goes into the engine coz the colder it is the more oxygen and more power ...)
and a fmic will go across the bottom of your bumper its much bigger than the standard one and its a better position for it because hot air rises making the standard top 1 less efficiant
hope that helps

and also alarm is a must before anything else ! toad or clifford

Last edited:

scubadaz

Member +
thanks already info is helping fmic mmm will remember that lol so where are parts the cheapest and is the two alarms easy to diy

scubadaz

Member +
also just a quickie coming down mototway with low boost on got to 120 kmph she was jugging started to worry dropped back [car is automatic] she was fine again few miles later back up to 120kmph did it again so thought leave it at 100 where she was fine mmm i am pannicking a little butttt tried her today but this time pressing pwr button and turning on hi boost and it seemed fine on a quick short blast up road . like i said i am new to a car like this ????

Kelly

Member +
autos in "manual mode" will stop at certain revs if you wanna rev higher thats what the "power mode" is for. My car is permantly in high boost and usually always in power mode :p

please make sure first thing u buy is an alarm many cars get stolen or at least attempt to steal them when they have no alarm.

My cars an auto too and please dont think the first thing you need to buy is a 'fmic' its not needed for your standard set up yet and its quite abit of hard work on the auto as you cant use the same pipework that manuals use.

Get your alarm, and then i'd suggest buying some braided brake lines and/or lowering your car. Autos in my opinion need a lil extra on the braking as your fighting the drive of the engine when you brake.

B499Y

Member +
Welcome to TGTT, alarm and plenty of thread reading (research
) is the best bet me thinks, don't just buy stuff that's bling, buy it for purpose, well that's my advice anyway, hope it helps and good luck with the car :)