hi/lo boost bypassed, only getting 6 PSI ????

Ryan_EP88 GT

Member +
I had the hi/lo boost bypassed 2 or 3 weeks ago but only fitted my boost gauge during the week, managed a maximum of 6 PSI through all gears! Thats more like lo boost to me as hi its supposed to be at least 9/10 PSI stock.. the only mods are a decat pipe fitted an rx7 intercooler.

Ive checked for leaks and all pipes/fittings are tight and secure, but from doing a search all i can seem to find is that without the VSV or boost controller fitted, the turbo is controlled by the actuator now and therefore the spring pressure in the actuator.. So what i imagine is when the turbos generating 6psi the wastegate is opening and controlling boost at this maximum pressure level as its all what the worn out spring can only handle?

does this make sense? and if so, will buying an adjustable actuator fix the problem? (already got it coming anyway!)

Thanks,appreciate the help
Ryan

callum

Member +
Take low boost out altogether. Run a line off turbo port to top actuator port. And then put a bit of pipe on the other actuator port and block it with a bolt. Then u will know nothings holding it back.

Ryan_EP88 GT

Member +
Take low boost out altogether. Run a line off turbo port to top actuator port. And then put a bit of pipe on the other actuator port and block it with a bolt. Then u will know nothings holding it back.

i get ya, by top actuator port you mean the one thats closest to the engine or the headlight?
rep'd man!

Ryan_EP88 GT

Member +
at the minute thers a line coming from the port closest to the headlight, tee'd to the turbo port and a line up to the piping on the cam cover for the solenoid (solenoid removed tho so venting to air) ...is that completely wrong mate? sounds it to me from what uve explaind..lol