hi/lo boost

CRA91N

Fresh Recruit
hi all just a quick question about the hi/lo boost in this picture is it by-passed and this will result in .65bar boost in 1st n 2nd n not .45 ? ? beacuse mine is set up different but feels like hi boost and all three lights light up on the dash which ive been told means its in hi boost mode so to speak all the time cheers craig

hilosolenoidbypassep91cs8.jpg

Arnold

Lifer
I'm not sure of the exact boost you'll achieve but yes that's right. It has been bypassed judging by that photo and you will hit 'hi' boost in the first two gears. When i bypassed it though, i hit fuel cut a few times so switched it back so it was restricted.

CRA91N

Fresh Recruit
I'm not sure of the exact boost you'll achieve but yes that's right. It has been bypassed judging by that photo and you will hit 'hi' boost in the first two gears. When i bypassed it though, i hit fuel cut a few times so switched it back so it was restricted.

yea i thought it was in the picture but mine is set up with the hoses not swapped but i still get all three lights coming on in first and second and defo feels like hi boost and my hi/lo boost works but this wouldnt if it had bypassed the solinoid ? ?

Ashalak

Fresh Recruit
Having just recently bypassed the solenoid I can tell you that even when you have the retriction in place in high boost all 3 lights will light on the dash, however in low boost only 2 will illuminate. So even though all 3 lights illuminate, you could still have limited 1st and 2nd boost unless it has been bypassed.. Definetely worth doing though, lots of fun!

CRA91N

Fresh Recruit
Having just recently bypassed the solenoid I can tell you that even when you have the retriction in place in high boost all 3 lights will light on the dash, however in low boost only 2 will illuminate. So even though all 3 lights illuminate, you could still have limited 1st and 2nd boost unless it has been bypassed.. Definetely worth doing though, lots of fun!

cheers ye i decided to by pass it this morning and noticed on "low" boost all three were coming on and had dumps :) so i think it mabye has made difference and hvnt hit fuel cut like some ppl have been expereincing :(

Ashalak

Fresh Recruit
Just so you realise that you will have no high or low boost through the controller operated through the dash as the controller is now totally bypassed, so regardless whether it's on high or low it will always be boosting to the maximum ammount.

shawzy

Member +
sorry to but in here but y bypass it? y not just leave it on hi? and 3 lights i dont get none of that what lights r they? im pushing 1.1 bar on hi. low 0.6 so basicly if i bypass mine will it go higher than 1.1 cuz if not no point bypassing it??? cheers scott

corofin12345

Member +
sorry to but in here but y bypass it? y not just leave it on hi? and 3 lights i dont get none of that what lights r they? im pushing 1.1 bar on hi. low 0.6 so basicly if i bypass mine will it go higher than 1.1 cuz if not no point bypassing it??? cheers scott

what mods you got man

jglanzav

Fresh Recruit
!

Swapping the pipes over means that boost is no longer restricted in 1st and 2nd gear, this will also deactivate your hi/lo button so there is no point using it as it has no effect...

corofin12345

Member +
just 2 clear this up a bit for people.. all cars are different.. my car wasnt boosting fully with the normal setup so i bypassed the high/low solenoid and now gettin full boost.. some cars work grand with normal setup and some dont..probably solenoid related.. low boost is only really for icy conditions as it restricts the turbos boost therefore reducing wheel spin.. as explained before low boost can actually increase fuel consumption so better off just keeping it in high which ever way works better for ya.. bypassed or normal way on high..

shawzy

Member +
i have speedvision hybrid arc topmount apexi f manage not fc its pnp. strait through 4 branch not on yet bailey dv thats bout it is that good or not??? it fills good lol

shawzy

Member +
fuel is less on high i cant beleve it but its true i tryed it lol
and now iv solved my hi/lo prob it dose give more power
bypassing it than leavin it on hi. i was runnin 1.1 bar on hi now
due to the bypass 1.4 bar amazin so if you think you have full boost
on high your wrong defo recomend every1 doin this as longs your car will handle it lol
mine is a gt not glanza .......

Last edited:

corofin12345

Member +
fuel is less on high i cant beleve it but its true i tryed it lol
and now iv solved my hi/lo prob it dose give more power
bypassing it than leavin it on hi. i was runnin 1.1 bar on hi now
due to the bypass 1.3 bar amazin so if you think you have full boost
on high your wrong defo recomend every1 doin this as longs your car will handle it lol

told ya:p