hid fitting

Raji_boy

Member +
hi people....i bought some hid kit for my glanza ...now i got the item on my hands and it's looking a bit confusing to me ....does any1 have any photos of fitting hid kits at all or any easy installition tips...the manual i got it with the kit not seem to make any sence....

please hlp...thanks

Raji_boy

Member +
guys im preety much done...just need to know, where i earth the kit..on the negative side of the battery or the car body...cheers

Sparky

Member +
It doesnt matter mate could earth it to the body or negative side of the battery, I would earth it to the body somewhere though :)

Raji_boy

Member +
ok m8...i'll just drill and screw it some where. another question...can i wrap the ballasts with something, to save it from the water damage or would it over heat...cheers

GTdan

In The Closet
gearbox is another good place to ground it if you can, and as said no need to wrap the ballasts, there waterproof.
I secured mine using some heavy duty velcro pads for securing them, if that helps at all.

Raji_boy

Member +
ive bee provided some metal brackets...need to drill them to the car body and the ballasts sits on them..

monka

Member +
If you place things properly you don't need to drill any holes, and there are plenty of earths to go to

Raji_boy

Member +
done...works perfect...ntu 1 problem...i nt locate the ballasters properly...lack of space ..any 1 gt pic at all which shows where to locate the ballasts...cheers

Raji_boy

Member +
when i put the hid on..it seem to flick for few second, then it works fine...any clue what's the flicking all about ppl...cheers

ktl

Member +
dodgy ballast/bulb

check wiring.

but they shouldnt flicker although mine did on my old corsa c but it was like for 2 secs