HID questions

09wheelerr

Member +
Hi everyone I'm after a set of hids for the glanza I know the headlights are H4-3 but what are the fog lights? 98 specs if it should make a difference?

Also anybody got any recommendations on where to buy some and 6000k or 8000k photos and opinions.

Cheers

hardcoreep

Member +
Can't say. I'm from Jamaica. Here they're only illegal if they are certain colors or don't dip for on coming traffic.

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
Is HID 100% legal in the UK??? Some say it is and some say it isn't!!!

Only legal if your car has the other equipment they require such as a self levelling system, headlight washers and proper projector lenses. Apparently it will be an MOT failure to have HID's retrofitted to cars that aren't meant to have them.

Paul_JJ

Member +
Only legal if your car has the other equipment they require such as a self levelling system, headlight washers and proper projector lenses. Apparently it will be an MOT failure to have HID's retrofitted to cars that aren't meant to have them.

Weird - coz I know some people who have them and have no probs with the MOT..... but I really want them as the light is brilliant! How much is the whole setup with all what's needed???

ktl

Member +
just dont fit them to a non projector headlamp e.g glanzas or the mk1 gt. the quadlight gt have projectors so you can use them in them.

iv been using hids for 4 years now from my corsa c my starlet passes mot all the time and not had no fuzz pulled me over.

6k or 8k i use to have 10k in the corsa but they didnt shine as much but really blue /purple :d

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
Sorry, I meant it's to become a failure. Regardless of what people say about not being pulled over, they are too bright in cars designed for them let alone cars that aren't. I don't like them lol.

George611

Member +
They can chuck out a funny beam pattern which would fail an MOT but i didnt have any issues with my golf, i do like them but like people say older cars aint designed to have them in id rather stick to incandescent bulbs (Y) jus get the bright ones from halfords lol jobs a gooden

Paul_JJ

Member +
They can chuck out a funny beam pattern which would fail an MOT but i didnt have any issues with my golf, i do like them but like people say older cars aint designed to have them in id rather stick to incandescent bulbs (Y) jus get the bright ones from halfords lol jobs a gooden

incandescent bulbs - can u recommend something??? May be some of the Ebay???

hardcoreep

Member +
They worked fine in mine. The improvement was immediate on my Glanza. As I put in my post I just had to re-aim them on the headlights. Where they didn't work were the 1st gen fog lamps, but on the 2nd gen ones it was spectacular. Get HIDs for the main, stay within 3000-5000k and you'll be fine. Then get the H3C blubs with higher wattage. Stock are 12v I went as high as 55k, however PIAA makes some 4000k h3c bulbs that can give you the brightness you want.