HID shit !

azerty

Supermoderator
Just wanted to warn everyone that HID isn't always a good idea. I have just installed some 6000°K hi/low hid kit on my car. it is too blueish, hibeam isn't as efficient as normal halogen lights. it just sucks :(
they dazzle driver coming the other way, they reflects air moisture, they make your car looks chav. lovely isn't it ?

it seems 4500°K OEM hid kits are only proper upgrade when available.
Aftermarkets HID kit to fit in place of halogen bulbs just don't do it...

That was my opinion on my experience. you don't have to agrea ;)

Last edited:

chinaone

Member +
I think HID are great. i have 6000k on my quads, 10x brighter than stock. Whiter and looks much better than yellow blubs. Not sure on the hi beam, as i only have the single main beam HID.

azerty

Supermoderator
looks much better than yellow blubs.

well, you said it all. you think it "looks" much better while facts tell it doesn't :(

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=84 (I wish I would have read this two days ago...)

yellowish is much more efficient than blueish (otherwize OEM factory would do blueish ones too...)
on my side, I would even say blueish just "looks" gay... but well that is just my opinion
I've been also very pleased to read, they might fry my electric system that wasn't designed for the load of xenon start...

goldenvtr, there is nothing wrong about the conversion kit I got, they are all chineese anyway lol... anything higher than 4500°K is just not efficient. :(

Last edited:

dac69er

Super Moderator
even though my yellow headlamps are pretty dullin comparisson to most, i find the light is actually pretty good for seeing at night, even though its not particularly bright.

also yellow headlights look the dogs bollocks in my opinion, every1 knows its me then ;)

It all depends on the brand, my brother has 6000k HID in his starlet and they are not blue, they are more white, and they are pretty bright i must say :)

dac69er

Super Moderator
yellow is old school jap. any french car thats old enough to have yellow lights is in a scrapheap by now :)

dantheman

Member +
hid's are ment for projector headlights ie ep82 facelift, otherwise the beam gets spread and just dazzles other drivers

supernova

Member +
I just installed a set of Bosch 8000k HIDs on my EP91, not blue at all, just white really. But the beam seems to go all over the place as is really bright I think it dazzles people...

ep_chen

Member +
HIDs are a hazzard to opposite traffic if not used correctly. Beams that flashes everywhere gives a eye blink blindness to opposing vehicles. the higher the HID range the blueish or purplelish it gets. it doesnt realley shines up the distance too because white lights bounces off moisture in the air and reflects back. thats why all FOG lights to be used when there is high moisture content in the air are piss yellow in color.

But i still lov em HIDs though. :p

azerty

Supermoderator
I knew you were a smart guys riko ;) I wanted 4500°K too, but they don't import them here, there are no markets for them as they all want stupid 8000°K. I had to specify I wanted lower Kelvin available when they ordered new batch. I got the only 6000°K kit lol still not happy

supernova, I have sad news for you. Bosh has never done and will probably never built HID kit to fit in place of hallogen bulbs. you got chineese kit, like we all do in fact.

ep_chen, you are right, I have encountered that on my first drive !!! very disapointing !!

oh, Daniel, you are now officialy gay :p

Last edited:

geoffrey118

Member +
hmmm...thanks for posting that link up - I really had no idea about all that info into lighting! wow...colour temperature and stuff - sure is wicked!

I just have higher capacity filament bulb - which emits WHITE light! Pretty cool upgrade...but I still need white side lamps (cause they're still crappy yellow)! :)

Nwimie

Member +
i got some 6000k HID's the new digital ballast type and there the best upgrade ive done to my glanza :] much better lighting when driving down B roads :]

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
I abandoned my hid kit too, They were crap, The halogen bulbs are way more effective, I got Top quality halogen bulbs and they do the trick perfectly combined with the spots they do all i ask, Day in the middle of the night, i put safety and functionality over style any day