High Pitched Squealing noise?

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Anyone experienced this?

It happens under moderate acceleration in any gear, doesnt happen when the car at a stand still and sounds as if its coming from the rear of the car.

Cars have a new Walbro pumped fitted but it was fitted correctly.

Noise is very similar to a belt squeak.

The harder you press the throttle the loud the pitch gets.

Havent had the chance to look into further yet, just wanting to see if anyone else has experienced it.

Iain@CRD

Lifer
sounds like maybe some tyre is rubbing off a shock or back arch or loose exhaust rubbing off a wheel?

Only happens under acceleration, if i let the car cruise along at very light acceleration the noise isent there.

only a suggestion wud it not be a rear wheel bearing or bushing ??

Nope, has brand new wheel bearings at the back and as said, only makes the noise during moderate acceleration, when you accelerate lightly the noise isent there. If it was the wheel bearing or bush it would make the noise regardless :)

Last edited:

Paul_JJ

Member +
Only happens under acceleration, if i let the car cruise along at very light acceleration the noise isent there.

Just a suggestion, May be the sound goes from under the bonnet but it sounds like it's on the rear? I had this when my front bearing went but the sound was on the rear....

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Just a suggestion, May be the sound goes from under the bonnet but it sounds like it's on the rear? I had this when my front bearing went but the sound was on the rear....

Doesnt make the noise of a bearing thats went and defo sounds like the rear as my car is fully stripped and i can hear it coming from there.

dac69er

Super Moderator
when my walbro was on its way out it started to make a squeeling noise when i accelerated. wouldnt do it all the time but would most of the time.

Iain@CRD

Lifer
when my walbro was on its way out it started to make a squeeling noise when i accelerated. wouldnt do it all the time but would most of the time.

Hmm, my Walbro is only 3 or 4 months odd if that and the cars only been used since last month when i put it back on the road. My old Walbro packed it and didnt make the Whine anymore when you started up.

I doubt mine is on the way out, cars overfuelling as it is on stock fuelling minus the pump.

whiteglanzav

Member +
Have you checked the rear brake pad clips ? They are prone to breaking and could possibly make a sqeeling sound when rubbing ?? Just a thought !

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Have you checked the rear brake pad clips ? They are prone to breaking and could possibly make a sqeeling sound when rubbing ?? Just a thought !

Would do it all the time tho not just on acceleration? Plus i only just changed the whole rear discs etc.

Murray

Member +
Does it squeal under boost??
Sounds like you might have a very small leak somewhere,ands when the pressure rises it squeals for you.
I know you said the back of the car,but as somebody has said,(for example a wheel bearing)when one of them goes it sounds like the front is gone when infact its the rear?
Maybe worth looking into.

Murray

corofin12345

Member +
exhaust wheel going supersonic and hearing it from exhaust.. unlikely but would be cool... i get a high pitch wine around 6k and after.. no leaks or anything

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Does it squeal under boost??
Sounds like you might have a very small leak somewhere,ands when the pressure rises it squeals for you.
I know you said the back of the car,but as somebody has said,(for example a wheel bearing)when one of them goes it sounds like the front is gone when infact its the rear?
Maybe worth looking into.

Murray

Yes it happens when i build up boost preasure so it could be causing an echo through the exhaust.

Ill give all my pipes a check over and see what i can find :)

exhaust wheel going supersonic and hearing it from exhaust.. unlikely but would be cool... i get a high pitch wine around 6k and after.. no leaks or anything

Was thinking it might be turbo related as when i watch my AVCR and the boost preasure starts to raise upto 0 or in the + the noise develops.

96v

Member +
had i high pitched/hissing noise coming from my van yesterday, turned out a jubilee clip had come lose on the air intake going onto the turbo :S

scot-ish

Member +
what are your engine mounts like?

could be under acceleration, engine is tilting slightly, and causing a rubber exhaust mount further back to squeek a bit? would only happen on aceeleration, as thats when engine is likley to move a little.

Iain@CRD

Lifer
what are your engine mounts like?

could be under acceleration, engine is tilting slightly, and causing a rubber exhaust mount further back to squeek a bit? would only happen on aceeleration, as thats when engine is likley to move a little.

Mounts are solid, checked them not long ago.

I can accelerate just when i started to build up boost it happens, tho i have taken off my filter but still shouldnt be making that noise, all fins seem fine too.

gurrturbo

Member +
Are you sure something isn't resonating! My friends civic has a lose manifold heat shield and that squeaks going through the revs but not in idle...... Just a thought