Hissing sound

Scooby

Member +
Right folks

Put on my HKS actuator yesterday, didnt adjust it, kept at standard length

We also tried to plumb in an Apexi AVC-R but decied to stop and put the pipes etc back to the way they were

But now the car is making a hissing sound from the top of the engine close to wear my blitz dumpvalve is (beside piping for my boost guage). Ive checked all pipes and all seem fine. IT makes the sound when off throttle just iddling), but stops when any touch of the throttle. IT stuggles to make boost until 4000 rpm, then hits 0.5 bar the rest of the rev range. Car seems to be popping and banging more between gears and when de-accelerating.

Any ideas what the problem is or what the hissing sound is ??

Cheers

Last edited:

Gryzor

Admin
just check for leaks, possibly just before the TMIC, check for split pipes ,
check the dump valve is working.

Scooby

Member +
Ive sourced the leak. Its coming from a blue pipe that runs from a t-piece, inside the car to a wee box behind the dash near the steering column.

Dumpvalve only works on higer revs

Scooby

Member +
Its leaking going into the control unit for the boost gauge, going to sort it tomorrow. Let yous know how I get on

dan88

Member +
Its leaking going into the control unit for the boost gauge, going to sort it tomorrow. Let yous know how I get on

best off getting new piping or new boost gauge as I had a vacuum leak on my new BOV I fitted this week... As a result, HKS actuator was overboosting (I think)...