hit santa pod today

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
well thought i would make the trip down and see how it goes before japshow, was full of problems:mad:, first run did'nt feel to bad but was 13.8:haha:, then done a couple 13.7's:haha:, so pulled up for abit check over few pipe's and boost setting and was running 0.9 bar:mad:,

I knew the turbo was not in the best condition but it ran 1.-5,6 bar for the last 2k miles, turned it up but it would not put no more than 1.05 bar out then went on to do a 13.5 and a 13.2 with a crap 2.2 60 foot:mad:

then driving home it sort of held back and cleared it's cut's hitting 1.98 bar, and now it boost normal again:mad::haha:

anyway i now no there is LOADS of improvements to be made and hopefully a much quicker time to come, think bit of a service and new tyres and turbo and see what happens

Neal Gt

Member +
Shit man that's a shame, always the way it clears after, lets see how it goes on jap day there, should be good,

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
yeah could'nt believe it went to over take a car put the foot down and it was rapid :p, need to change plugs oil etc, and get a turbo with blades on it, cheked mine just now and there a few missing:eek:

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
4wd and you still cant beat my time lol ill have to drive next time hehe

hang about homeboy, lot smaller turbo and half the boost and a turbo that looks like this :p:p

80_DSC00442.jpg

did'nt do to bad:haha:

Phil

Super Moderator
cut back blades eh? haha

im sure you'll hone your skills for next time gaz. lol

Phil

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
ive been dyin to know how you would get on at the pod dude. shame about the turbo, looks like its seen better days!

mines almost up n running now, gave it a good go last week engines all in and connected up just needs fluids and a few little bits :D

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
Yeah bean it didn't do too bad with half it's blades missing, def a mid to low 12 sec with a td04 with more boost

Ted

Member +
theres scope for a lot more gaz, weejohn has done a 1.67 60ft before so just a matter of getting tyre/suspension setup right.

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
Yeah the rx82 will be next year, will be full drag spec:rockon:

ted I did a few under 2 secs but missing 3rd, need to chill out abit and maybe let the tyres down abit

weeJohn

Lifer
ted I did a few under 2 secs but missing 3rd, need to chill out abit and maybe let the tyres down abit

The more aggressive off the line the better I find mate, shifting at peak power and not over revving is all it takes for the rest.

What gear were you crossing the line in?