HITting 13 sec 4efte help

luimivrs

Member +
hey guys this is my first post here:) i need help i recently buy a glanza ep91 is completly stock ( stock internals ) i want to put some money on it to try to hit the 13 sec one the 1/4 mile mm can u tell me what i should do to get it done i want to do it with less modificacion possible !!! i allready buy the front mount intecooler and a FCD and EVC boost control from hks .. mm just need u guys put me on the right direction of what i got to do first :)

thankz a lot

finx

Member +
welcome along man.

1stly most people will say you need to spend load of cash to do 13s. not tru.
Its all about car set up and having the right amount of balance in your set up. power, suspension, grip, and a good drive

I personally would start off buy going to a td04l turbo set up or similar size garret turbocharger. this will give you an instant power increase even on only 8-10psi. Going for one of these turbos allows for later expansion, possibility of bolting a larger version of your current turbo to the same manifold etc.

You will need things like the following
turbo
exhaust manifold
intercooler piping
full down pipe and exhaust system
aftermarket turbo actuator or an external wastegate
electronic boost controller makes huge differences in boost response and power levels being able to attain stable boost levels
small radiator
increased fueling an aftermarket ecu if you want to run above 12psi (average boost level at which the stock fueling runs out of juice)

Suspension
coilover's make a huge difference. setting the rears shocks damper, springs to rock hard, and lifting the rear an inch or two higher than the front helps with weight transfer on launch.

Tyres
semi slicks of dot radial drag tyres will help you sustain a good consistent 60ft time which is the biggest challenge in any FWD car and makes the difference between a 14sec run and a 13sec run.

Drive line
you need a good clutch for drag racing, something with loads of clamp and a fast engaging time.
short shifter helps loads
and last but not least and most important of all is an aftermarket LSD!!!! this is the key

the rest is down to dialing in the car at the track getting set time and working out what achieves the best results.
launch rpm
shift points
tyre pressure
fast shifting
etc etc it all makes a difference to your ET!

good luck !!

Ryan

Last edited:

finx

Member +
if i change the exhoust manifold and move to a td04 turbo do i can run it with the stock ecu ??

yes you can still run it on the stock ecu but you are very limited to the boost levels you can run due to the stock fuel set up. i wouldnt be going much further than 8-10psi boost on all stock fueling and getting your AFR's checked is critical. you will be able to push a bit more boost with a RRFPR and a slightly larger fuel pump from an MR2 but it will run rich off boost and be a bit of a pig to drive. on boost it will be fine.