hitting fuel cut. what should my next step be?

DWB

Member +
hi all. i have been driving my glanza for 3 months now with no mods at all. only thing done was the boost solinoid dun away with. i have just fitted a cat back blitz nur spec and apexi air filter. i am hitting fuel cut like mad now, so i have put the solinoid back on now and am on low boost so i dont hit fuel cut.

What i would like to no is what my next steps should be to hold .8bar with no boost creep?

thanks Dale

Dan3SGTE

Member +
well an FCD will take away that fuel cut and to hold boost to 0.8 get an uprated actuated...... while your at it get a fuel regulator too...

Dan3SGTE

Member +
but surely its still gona rise???

rise? were not talking about boost creep....

FCD and fuel regulator will allow you to run the high boost and will hold with he actuator.... if it boost creeps thats another matter and will require portin of the waste gate or restricting intake flow... there are different ways of doing it....

Timmy

Member +
Other than that change the airfilter back to standard, it's almost certainly the cause of your problem. Or a plug and play ecu like JAM's

Timmy

Member +
this is boost creep as it has to creep above 13.5 psi to hit fuel cut and he has not raised the boost uprating the actuator won't help.

DWB

Member +
can i not run with no fuel cut def then? if i get a actuator, can i set it to .8bar an not get creep? also do you realy need a fpr to run .8bar.

im not argue with you just trying to get info. thanks for the help

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Yeah ECU if an option but not the cheapest way.... like i havent any of that stuff just a stand alone ECU which controls everything accuratley....

Timmy

Member +
You can run 0.8bar without an fcd but you can't run a fcd without a fpr to increase the fueling as the fcd will play around with ecu signals. Like i said your issue is with boost creep.

james1485

Member +
rise? were not talking about boost creep....

FCD and fuel regulator will allow you to run the high boost and will hold with he actuator.... if it boost creeps thats another matter and will require portin of the waste gate or restricting intake flow... there are different ways of doing it....

thats what i meant "BOOST CREEP" if you turn your boost up to .8 and have a fcd and HKS actuator. surely your gona still have boost creep?

Timmy

Member +
heres a few different options

1. Change the filter back to standard

2. Set the car up for higher boost ie. fpr, fcd, or ecu and hope that it doesn't creep upto a bar unless you go for a fmic aswell

3. port the wastegate

Dan3SGTE

Member +
thats what i meant "BOOST CREEP" if you turn your boost up to .8 and have a fcd and HKS actuator. surely your gona still have boost creep?

ah sorry mate, wasnt sure what you were gettin at :confused:

well not in all cases boost creep occurs.... as said if it does there are different ways off curing such as external waste gate/porting the internal wastegate/restricting airflow as timmy said stock air box etc.....

DWB

Member +
i put the exhaust on a week b4 and it was it that was causing it. when i fitted the filter, i had it on low boost so dont no how it has reacted when bypassed.

are fcd hard to install?
if i get all these bits can i set it up or would i haveto take it to som1?
also can u not run 1bar on tmi?

Thanks for your help

Timmy

Member +
You don't really want to be going more than 0.9bar on purpose without a uprated manifold and you don't really want to go to a 1bar without at least an uprated tmic.

DWB

Member +
ok thanks. so if i get actuator, fcd and fpr i will be good and SAFE?

also are these bits hard to fit?
can i set it up or do you need sum1 to do this?
if you fit fpr should you upgrade the fuel pump?

Timmy

Member +
you won't need fuel pump. Not to hard to fit that lot i believe. And a quick r/r session to set up the fpr. But it will depend on how high your car creeps to. This is why i would spend the extra on an ecu.

DWB

Member +
what would the best ecu to buy be?
if i went for the ecu do i not need any of the other bits apart from the actuator?
does the ecu act as a fpr and fcd?

james1485

Member +
E-management is what every1 seems to have or else a jam 1 , but you'll pay for it.

they act as a fpr and some take out your speed limiter aswell

then you have to get them mapped aswell.