hks actuator pictures

theminiguru

Member +
wanting pictures of hks actuators fitted to a glanza as i want to compare mine with them as im not 100% ive fitted mine properly as ive lost the use of my low boost button.

be really apprieciated if anyone can help.

cheers

corofin12345

Member +
i wasnt aware that you could hold on to the low boost function with these actuators... thought the t piece was for a boost controller

theminiguru

Member +
thats what im unsure about. some people say that the t piece is there so you can keep the hi/low button! i would like to keep the low as it saves alot of fuel and my cars a daily runner so id like to know how i can do it!

corofin12345

Member +
believe it or not mate the car uses that tiny bit more petrol on low boost.. on low boost the engine is getting less air so the ecu throws in more fuel to compensate... very little tho.. just keep off boost and ull be grand

davehart

Member +
There is no way to keep the hi/low feature when using a HKS Actuator unless running a boost controller. Simple as that :)

You adjust the boost by setting the actuator arm, but you can only boost it at one level if not running a EBC.

hardcoreep

Member +
Do you guys read the instructions when you buy these things? ITS CLEARLY IN THE MANUAL. The HKS actuator comes with a T fitting that allows you to plumb it back to the stock system. If you connect it to the factory solenoid you'll have FULL HI/LO function. There's a 3-5psi ratio between HI/LO thus whatever the lowest setting is on the actuator if you press HI you'll see an increase. The manual indicates a HI will become 15psi and low will become 10psi. I was able to adjust down to make HI 13psi and low 10psi.

stock_intercoolerpipeoff.jpg

stockactuatorvsHKSactuator.jpg

Here's the HKS actuator with the T installed. It runs to the stock solenoid in my car.
VSV.jpg

Last edited:

corofin12345

Member +
na manuals suck ass..lol.. handy to know but i prefer the easy on the right foot option... my high/low solenoid never worked propperly so just bypassed it anyway.. im using the high/low switch now for my bov.. flutter or dump ;)

Lawrence

Member +
Yep definitely works i fitted my actuator at weekend although there is hardly a difference between high and low anyway. When my boost is 0.6 on low my high boost reaches 0.7 on high.