HKS actuator results

clys

Member +
I just fitted my HKS actuator, and have it set at 1 bar. The car will spike to 15 psi, but falls off to only 12 near redline. Is there anything I can do about this, look into etc?? I'd think nearly any engine should be able to supply the tiny CT9 with enough flow to keep it boosting?

I've hot it hooked up with my MBC, which is turned all the way off. Should I try just hooking the actuator directly from the compressor housing?

Also, the car seems slow to boost between gear changes. Usually I can rip from 1st to 2nd and spin through most of 2nd, but now it almost bogs when I'm slamming gears. Again, could this be because of the MBC?

Final query: when holding 14psi in 4th gear, I'm at about a 12.5:1 AFR. Too lean. Will 315cc supra injectors be okay to run, with my blitz access ECU. I just don't want to richen it up too much as my AFR's are pretty solid otherwise.

Thanks fellas.

clys

Member +
Yeah me thinks so too!

I'm thinking 315's should be good, and not effect my part throttle or fuel economy TOO much. Anyone care to shed some light on injector advice?

nexia201

Member +
mine was set to 10psi use to go to 12 then drop back to 10 high in the revs. Now i pit a pipe in the front bumper (for cold air intake ) and it is going up to 12 and stays there all the way. Not sure if one time i saw it go up to 14psi on 3rd gear eill have to check again.

clys

Member +
mine was set to 10psi use to go to 12 then drop back to 10 high in the revs. Now i pit a pipe in the front bumper (for cold air intake ) and it is going up to 12 and stays there all the way. Not sure if one time i saw it go up to 14psi on 3rd gear eill have to check again.

I've got a front mounted filter too, full 2.5" straight pipe, zisco manifold, FMIC.

This thing breathes well lol, just doesn't wanna hold boost.

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.

with a front intake it probably would spike/boost more

clys

Member +
have you had it set up properly? how do you know the afr's your running? what make gauge

AEM UEGO Wideband.

Set up properly? I'm running a blitz access, so there's not much I can do. I just know I'm underfuelling slightly.

See, I'm under the assumption that most people run 1 bar, and because they don't blow their engines "the AFR was fine, and the motor can handle it". I'm seeing high to mid 12's at 15psi and it scares me. Again I urge anyone with mods to get a wideband, it's the most important failsafe for a turbocharged motor.

Matchew

Member +
Have you tried resetting the ecu to see if it will run abit richer after it?
Also what is your actuator set too?
Cus im running a bar, but my actuator is set to .8 and im letting my boost controller do the rest

kieran.s gt

Member +
AEM UEGO Wideband.

Set up properly? I'm running a blitz access, so there's not much I can do. I just know I'm underfuelling slightly.

See, I'm under the assumption that most people run 1 bar, and because they don't blow their engines "the AFR was fine, and the motor can handle it". I'm seeing high to mid 12's at 15psi and it scares me. Again I urge anyone with mods to get a wideband, it's the most important failsafe for a turbocharged motor.

odd that a blitz ecu is lean all pre programed ecus usually run rich

clys

Member +
Have you tried resetting the ecu to see if it will run abit richer after it?
Also what is your actuator set too?
Cus im running a bar, but my actuator is set to .8 and im letting my boost controller do the rest

Nah, think it would work? Reset the ECU and boost the shit outta it so it learns? Though, because I've got my 5 wire Wideband O2 sensor installed, the ECU isn't getting an O2 sensor signal. Hopefully the MAP sensor will be able to accomodate the extra boost and fuel accordingly? How logical does this sound?

You're running an EBC I'm assuming?

clys

Member +
no mate, they get there rrfpr set up on a rolling road.

get it set up properly

I can't see the point in that dude. I've overset it at 50psi base pressure before and it didn't do a damn thing to my on boost AFR's, just makes me idle richer. IMO adjustable FPR's are just eye candy.