HKS actuator with boost restriction removed?

A L 3 X

Member +
Right, just been looking into this HKS actuator fitting guide,I realise I should ignore the length instructions but fitting the pipes is a bit confusing as i've done the mod on my glanza where u swap over the two pipes to remove the 1st and 2nd gear restriction, so could anyone confirm how the vacuum lines go?

Ive seen of it being connected just the actuator to the turbo, with no t-pieces for the solenoid, but then what do you do with the solenoid pipes? Can u remove the whole system? And which method is best for both safety and performance?

Also, where abouts does this clip go does anybody know?I was having a look about at the actuator and the clip fell off from around there/drivers side of engine...
06012012.jpg

A L 3 X

Member +
I have now fitted the actuator, seems to be working well, thought id fitted it perfect first time but it seems to be boosting 0.75 instead of 0.7 bar, does anyone know if this will cause harm on a pretty standard engine, or how many turns i should back it off to get back to 0.7?

funny onion

Member +
get a boost gauge on it and keep fine tuning the actuator to get it spot on but i wouldn't worry, mine is completely standard and its boosting to 1.1 bar (actuator is buggered lol)

A L 3 X

Member +
I've got a boost gauge mate, so gonna have a little tweak now, do you not hit fuel cut at that lol :/

funny onion

Member +
haha i don't push it 1.1 bar but if i let it that's what it does boost to, but yeah it hits fuel cut. just in the process of sorting fueling and fpr and stuff to get rid of boost cut.

A L 3 X

Member +
duratec, even with only an air filter and bost restriction removed? Fitted the actuator btw mate thanks a lot :)

funny.....ah i see mate, yeah thats my plan eventually when i save up some cash for a self learning ecu