hks actuator?

glanzanut

Lifer
yeah but could u use the adjustable actuator to say raise boost to 1bar would the sylonoid still work to give you a low boost function, as i have also wondered about this

enright82

Member +
iv got mine running a bleed valve on high side at 0.7bar, the button still works, cutting the boost to 0.3bar. so theoreticaly yes u could run a bar and still have a low boost function... enright82

please correct me if i am wrong

enright82

Member +
why does it go to the solenoid?

i thought it would take the same track as the high side, is the solenoid a boost controller?

enright82

Member +
i dnt think it would work would it? the standard actuator has 2 hose connections on it, were as the hks has one. which is why i assumed the hks would use the same connections as the high side, but iv seen some T'd up to the solenoid, just wondered y that is?

Chris@CCM

Member +
its so u can have a low boost seting too.this is how ur piping should be
actuator_22.jpg

Last edited:

ryanerak

Member +
i've got mine plumbed in the same as the pic but my hi/lo doesnt work. would it be because my actuator is set to 0.5? when i set the actuator to what they say is 0.7 it wasnt an ended up at 0.5, gna sort it out tomorrow to see if it helps

enright82

Member +
COOL, does the actuator control the high and the solenoid control the low.

if my low is set at 0.3 and 0.7 on high with a standard actuator, changing it for a hks set at 1bar, the low boost will still be 0.3 and high will be 1.0..

enright82

Chris@CCM

Member +
COOL, does the actuator control the high and the solenoid control the low.

if my low is set at 0.3 and 0.7 on high with a standard actuator, changing it for a hks set at 1bar, the low boost will still be 0.3 and high will be 1.0..

enright82
think the low gos up abit too mate but prob to about .5 if its set to 1bar max