Hks evc5 instructions and set up

ep82morzy

Member +
I hae just won a hks evc5 boost controller off Ebay for £66 which I think is a bargain......can anyone tell me how to set it up and so on as I can only find the manuals for installation and not how to use the screen

Texx

Super Moderator
After installing the EVC or reseting the EVC, you need to do the following in the initial set-up screens:

1. Units of Measure - make sure you are selecting the correct unit of measure - PAS (kPa) or PSI.

2. Wastegate Type - (S) is for swing valve or internal (actuator) wastegate type
(P) is for poppet valve or external wastegate type

3. Standard maximum boost is your "maximum" base wastegate spring pressure (NOT YOUR TARGET BOOST). It is recommended that you apply load to 3rd or 4th gear to obtain the base boost if you are not sure of your wastegate spring rate.
An indicator will show your base boost where the P.H. is on the top of the screen. You can manually turn the knob also if you already know your base boost pressure.

4. Target Boost - this is where you would enter your target boost. The range is from base boost to 36 PSI. (This mode automatically sets your volume A and B, but you can change it after your initial set-up). ** You must set your target boost ABOVE your base wastegate spring rate and cannot be the same as your factory or base rate.

5. Initial Offset Value - the initial set-up offset value is different from the volume A and B offset settings. This step must be done to ensure you are obtaining your initial target boost. Your initial setting will be at 100%.
You will now need to apply load to 3rd or 4th gear again to check that you are obtaining your initial target boost. An indicator next to the P.H. will blink showing you a real time boost pressure reading.
If you are not reaching your target boost, you will need to turn the percentage (%) gain up by turning the knob clockwise.
If your boost is going over your target boost, you will need to turn the percentage (%) gain down by turning the knob counter clockwise.
Once you've matched the target boost you will need to push the knob once to finish the initial set-up.

You are now done with your initial set-up and can now change from volume A and B by turning the knob left and right.
To change the target boost for each setting, push the knob in once and turn the knob to your desired target boost, then push the knob once again to set it.

http://www.socalevo.net/docs/manuals/HKS%20EVC%205%20Manual%20150dpi.pdf

ep82morzy

Member +
Cheers texx,are these controllers any good,and did I get it for a good price?never had a hks one before had blitz in the past