"HKS FCD" Quick help needed

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
they don't mean anything as such, just for reference. 12 is standard and 1 is no cut, you want the dial as close to standard as possible, 8 seems to be the best choice for a starlet.

SaRfI

Member +
nope i don't have "RRFPR" but have the FPR will that not do the job or do i have to have rrfpr,or what setting would you recommend without rrfpr??

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
if you mean the standard pressure reg then no mate, you need a rising rate fuel pressure reg and ideally a rolling road setup else you are risking serious engine damage as the ecu won't provide the fuellng for the increased boost.

don't fit that FCD, not until you've got the fuelling sorted, else you could kill it. seriously.

SaRfI

Member +
16082007932.jpg

^^^this is the one i have bought it off ebay .

im going to be running only .8bar wont go more then this will this slightly boost can cause serious damage to engine??

will deffo get it RR to set the proper fuel pressure.

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
i've got not experience with that reg mate so can't advise you on whether it's safe to use or not.

what i can tell you though is you don't need an FCD or a reg to run .8 bar, the standard setup is fine :) (fuelcut occurs at 0.85 bar)

SaRfI

Member +
i did had an thread about this "fpr" and there was a lad using same and said it worked fine ,hope it works fine here to:)

and yes i did heard that fuel cut does comes on at .85bar but i don't have a clue why my car is hitting fuel cut at .8 bar cause i fitted the actuator my self and it is deffo set to .8bar , and the fuel cut only comes in at after 5k rpm.

anyway thanks for ya helpful words really appreciated.:)

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
fitted 'professionally' don't mean a thing really in this case, the lengths that hks quote relating to pressure are guidelines only and can vary from car to car.

get yourself a boost gauge and find out for def what you are running.

SaRfI

Member +
fitted 'professionally' don't mean a thing really in this case, the lengths that hks quote relating to pressure are guidelines only and can vary from car to car.

get yourself a boost gauge and find out for def what you are running.

lol "professionally" i meant was fitted using "hks actuator" Guide found some where on site. this is the setting i used from Guide 123mm=.8bar or 11.60psi

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
i'd give it another few turns out matey, until it stops cutting. make sure you unclip the actuator from the wastegate when you adjust it to prevent tearing the diaphram :)