HKS front mount intercooler

Hey guys basically looking at buying one of these and was wondering if anyone has fitted one and got some pics of it as i would like to see a decent pi before ordering, would also like to know how they compair to the blitz and greddy interoolers and if you lot had the choice of the 3 what ones would you recomend

Cheers

Craig

sanchez

Member +
So your ok with spending £500+ on an intercooler kit for a starlet?
Even though it will do the same job as some of the cheaper makes out there...

see this is my problem im so stuck on what to buy i had a blitz one on my old glanza and it was awesome but was thinking of trying something different this time, what one would you advise cause i dont really wanna have to totally mutilate my front bumper

sanchez

Member +
Yeah i agree the blitz and hks fmics are awesome build quality but you can get a decent fmic for a third of the price that will do the same job.

Well the WEPR fmic kit is pure quality, the piping is awesome and the core is a decent size and wont require much cutting of you bumper if any tbh.
I had it fitted to mine with a TOMS bumper and it only needed minimal trimming.

Abit on the piss as the bumper is not on properly but you get the idea.
IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

The jperformance/hdi fmic kit with the massive core is what i have now, it needed a little more trimming of my TOMS bumper, as the core is alot bigger, but is one of the better cheaper kits out there at the minute.
IMG_0209.jpg

Now my mate has the same kit fitted to his mark 3 gt, and he managed to fit the kit without touching the bumper, all he did was fit the core as far back as possible.
You can just see it there.
IMG_0075.jpg

Jaf_ep91

Member +
as far as im led to believe its only build quality thats different
a slightly cheaper one will do the exact same job as a more expensive one.

think i need to have a proper think about it, I would really still like to see a hks fmi fitted and off the car if anyone has one or knows of anyone running one!!