HKS fuel cut Defender safe setting???

gregep82

Member +
I bought my starlet with a HKS FCD wired in already.... but with no fuelling support modifications, therefore my engine went bang when I boosted hard after two weeks of ownership.

Now, without removing the FCD? as I may want it in the future, is there a setting I can put it down to so that it doesnt actually stop fuel cut and is safe to drive round with it still installed? as if there isnt an fcd there? I'm guessing this would be the lowest number on the settings but I don't know so need advice

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

I bought my starlet with a HKS FCD wired in already.... but with no fuelling support modifications, therefore my engine went bang when I boosted hard after two weeks of ownership.

Now, without removing the FCD? as I may want it in the future, is there a setting I can put it down to so that it doesnt actually stop fuel cut and is safe to drive round with it still installed? as if there isnt an fcd there? I'm guessing this would be the lowest number on the settings but I don't know so need advice

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

you shouldnt really run a fcd until you have a rrfpr and an actuator it will just damage the engine!!! just unwire it mate and save your self money

simonleeds

Member +
im not sure on the settings on it but what mods does your car have? has it a standard actuator on it? if so check the pipes connected correctly with a standard car with only a fcd youve been very unlucky to pop it mate

gregep82

Member +
^^ I know it'll damage the engine if im not using a rising rate fuel pressure reg. I found out this the hard way.

But as I've stated, I just want to know if there is a setting on there that could basically turn the fcd off?

If there isn't I'm going to take it off obviously.

Thanks

danb87

South East England Area Rep
mines on 8, but i dont hit fuel cut. would that have anything too do with a fpr? but dont have an uprated actuator.

dan

ChrisGT

Member +
setting 12? Would this act as if there was actually no FCD there? and it'd run as standard?

Really don't want to remove it to be honest, but if itll damage the engine then i'm going to have to

Thanks

Yup. Setting 12 leaves fuel cut at the standard point.

mines on 8, but i dont hit fuel cut. would that have anything too do with a fpr? but dont have an uprated actuator.

dan

Well ofcourse you wouldn't be hitting fuel cut. Setting 8 would probably allow you to run 1-1.1Bar. What boost do you want to run?

danb87

well i want around .8 or .9 nuffin more.

is my settin of 8 not correct?

i have fpr, relocated filter, fdc, fmic.

cheers

ktl

Member +
just make sure shes fueling fine.
there no right or wrong. but the generally its between 8-9. i couldnt lower mine to 8 without fuel cutting so i had have it on 9.

ChrisGT

Member +
well i want around .8 or .9 nuffin more.

is my settin of 8 not correct?

i have fpr, relocated filter, fdc, fmic.

cheers

Whats the FPR set to? If you want to run 0.8Bar you don't need a FPR or FCD really although you might get creep with a relocated air filter.

Take it to a dyno, tell them you want to run 0.9Bar and to check AFR's and see how its running.

danb87

Whats the FPR set to? If you want to run 0.8Bar you don't need a FPR or FCD really although you might get creep with a relocated air filter.

Take it to a dyno, tell them you want to run 0.9Bar and to check AFR's and see how its running.

not too sure what its set too mate, as a mate off mine fitted it. but i want too get adjustable actuator an get it set up properly so ill get that done as soon as i can

cheerrs mate

repped