HKS SSQV Replicas

ChrisGT

Member +
Hey,

Really liking the sound of the HKS SSQV at the mo, the high pitched squeal and I was wondering if those cheap eBay replicas actually sound anything like the real thing? If so, does anybody have one and whats it like?

Cheers!

herbie

Member +
I bought one a while ago and had nothing but running problems. Erractic idle and cutting out.

I'll be putting a geniune one for sale next week if your interested.

ChrisGT

Member +
I bought one a while ago and had nothing but running problems. Erractic idle and cutting out.

I'll be putting a geniune one for sale next week if your interested.

Ah thats no good! Well the whole point is that I can't really afford one (2nd hand ones going for £150ish on eBay). Although saying that the other day I was winning on eBay for one at £75. Then some chump came along and bid £92 in the last 40secs...I couldn't afford anymore! lol

dac69er

Super Moderator
i had one and sold it. just wanst keen on the sound as it was too loud. it does sound exactly like the ssqv in my opinion.

the quality isnt great but it is a cheap £30 bov

herbie

Member +
Ah thats no good! Well the whole point is that I can't really afford one (2nd hand ones going for £150ish on eBay). Although saying that the other day I was winning on eBay for one at £75. Then some chump came along and bid £92 in the last 40secs...I couldn't afford anymore! lol

Na there's no way id ask for £150. Thats just pure greed! Id sell it for less than that (£149.99 :p) :haha:

Id be happy with any offers £90-100. probably up for sale in a weeks time as im working away from home.

Timmy

Member +
You should be able to pick a secind hand one for about £90 they were only ever £170 new and there are thousands of the things about.

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
keep looking you will pick up one cheaper. I just fitted a ssqv today sounds nice.

Mike@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.Tuning
I got a copy of the older SSQV and its been fine, sound isn't 100% the same but pretty damn close!