HKS twin power

corollaman

Member +
Hello mates..i want to give my engine more electric power because i am going to run 9000rpm...do you reccomend hks or msd will be better choise?

inform me m8s...

starlet666

Member +
my car spins 2 8500rpm now and i have an msd blaster ss on my car and it is fine mate... just a bigger coil so the spark doesnt get blown out should b more than suitable....

corollaman

Member +
so is better msd? as i was looking on msd's site i didnt find a bolt on for starlet...which of them can fit to us? what type because i am not familiar...

Cheers

ps. i want to spin to 9000rpm so plz consider this..

starlet666

Member +
i run 28psi through mine occasionally at 8500rpm mate so if it holds spark at that im sure 9000rpm and lower boost will b fine....

msd blaster ss.... its a red cube type one positive and negitive wires and a coil lead is all that is needed

corollaman

Member +
do you use stock ignition or msd? i am going to run 1.7 bar with garett 2876 turbo so i want to avoid anyt problems in so high rpm

starlet666

Member +
mate i use the stock ignition just with a decent coil pack..... no need 2 up the ignition system really.....i spun mine 2 9 grand last nyt a few times and had 24psi and it was fine.... though 9000rpm is just asking for trouble doin it all the time.....

corollaman

Member +
mate i use the stock ignition just with a decent coil pack..... no need 2 up the ignition system really.....i spun mine 2 9 grand last nyt a few times and had 24psi and it was fine.... though 9000rpm is just asking for trouble doin it all the time.....

thats our difference i want to use my car every day to 9000 ...

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
MSD hands down.. its not just a power module like the hks system.. the amplifier is soo much more on the msd! no to mention that with the msd u can turn the car into coil on plug instead of the stock dizzy system :)

with the case of the hks u cant..

kon

fastglanza

Member +
think its the 6A and i think u need the msd tach adaptor...The msd's are pretty serious, most of the ones ive seen have burnt out the coil

ive got the twin power but honestly im not too impressed with it esp for the price..but its far easier to hook up just 2 wires to the coil and a ground

starlet666

Member +
if u put a decent coil pack in ur car u wont have an issue.... just run a msd blaster ss coil. that is suited to cars with electric ignition.....

http://www.msdignition.com/product.aspx?id=5011

this is the coil i run and it has never missed a beat... i ran 4 of these on my old s15 and it was just as good
i swear by them and i sell 3-5 a week 2 guys i deal with cause they all know how well my car runs with it

ramses974

Member +
MSD is very good but i have the hks fitted on my car since 5years on my car unlike the MSD on my MAZDA was out during 2 years ...

corollaman

Member +
if u put a decent coil pack in ur car u wont have an issue.... just run a msd blaster ss coil. that is suited to cars with electric ignition.....

http://www.msdignition.com/product.aspx?id=5011

this is the coil i run and it has never missed a beat... i ran 4 of these on my old s15 and it was just as good
i swear by them and i sell 3-5 a week 2 guys i deal with cause they all know how well my car runs with it

we only need this thing? or we need a lot more? can you make me a list of what else i need to work properly msd on my car? all things that i should put for the ignition?

cheers

starlet666

Member +
as i said...
i only run this coil nuthing else and copper core plugs... ngk bkr7es.... makes close 2 300hp atw and it swings 2 9000rpm every now and again but as for daily i have it lowered 2 8000rpm as i dont need 2 rev it to 9 to drive to work..... full race tune is 9000rpm 26psi and vp109 with 10% toulene for a bit more of a kick change plugs every oil change and use penrite hpr10 oil for daily and royal purple 20w50 for racing

starlet666

Member +
i dunno... here in aus they are 100 dollars but that is a mid range coil pack.... they work great trust me..... 40 000 volts cant b wrong.....