HKS Wastegate Spring

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
Does anyone know are they all the same? I have an unknown model with a low pressure spring which I will need to replace but I want to make sure it'll fit first. Here a couple of pics:

101_0496.jpg

101_0495.jpg

J25GTi

Lifer
I think they are the same as the sard ones mate, I have an unknown pressure sard spring that you can have to see if they fit mate?

J25GTi

Lifer
Do you have a picture of the actual spring and also could you measure it, height, width between coils and possibly the thickness of the spring?

Starlet_Sam

I measured them a while back, off the top of my head it is as follows.

Height - 83mm
Outside Diameter - 51mm
Inside Diameter - 42mm

Starlet_Sam

OK well I was close, got my Dad to measure it for me:

length 96mm
inside diameter 44mm
outside 51mm

Pics:

230810064.jpg

230810063.jpg

Mikey B

Lifer
Got a Turbo smart 1 bar 38mm ext wastgate spring here dim are

Hight, 86mm
OD, 49mm
ID, 41mm

Hope that helps.

Starlet_Sam

Cheers for the info Mikey! I've got in touch with Sumo Power as they are HKS dealers, hopefully they'll reply at some point, emailed them again today after waiting 2 weeks for a reply to my PM with nothing.

J25GTi

Lifer
Right, my unknown pressure sard one(obviously the length determines the pressure of the spring by the looks of it)

Length - 84mm
ID - 43mm (could be 44, im only using a tape measure so its not totally accurate)
OD - 51mm

So it might work with your EWG mate, your welcome to try it for a fit if you want!

Starlet_Sam

OK mate I think I'll need to try your spring out mate. Is it a loan or if it fits and works is it for sale?