Hmmm stumped so a am

ep91steve

Member +
Ok just got car back from garage... A think am hitting fuel cut sometimes ( well that's what it feels like)
Only does it now and again! Am boosting round about 20psi. Over last month a have fitted turbo smart waste gate as a bought new zisco decat and external mani, as old external was fooked, running dastek unichip as management.

Any ideas lads

Mark-ep91

Member +
ur new wastegate has a 1.4 spring maybe?need more details of what setup u went from and the one u have now?

ep91steve

Member +
ur new wastegate has a 1.4 spring maybe?need more details of what setup u went from and the one u have now?

Old setup was custom mani external wastage plumbed in to decat, manifold cracked so bought a new zisco mani and decat old wastegate would not fit as it was a square type flange so bought new turbosmart ultragate 38mm wastegate, it's ment to have a bar spring in it

Mark-ep91

Member +
are you sure all the vacuums are set up right?only thin i can think of is the spring is 1.4 bar or the vacuums are set wrong allowing it to overboost to anything it wants

ep91steve

Member +
Have you got a boost controller?

No Rory standard solenoid
On wastegate top port vented, bottom connected to a t-peace, there's a vacuum line going from turbo to t-peace, vaccum line going from other end off t-peace to standard solenoid port and other port vented

This was how my old setup was like

ep91steve

Member +
No Rory standard solenoid
On wastegate top port vented, bottom connected to a t-peace, there's a vacuum line going from turbo to t-peace, vaccum line going from other end off t-peace to standard solenoid port and other port vented

This was how my old setup was like

Sorted now split hose now boosting at 15psi as what it should be