Holyhead - Dublin then Dublin - Holyhead

stuart

Member +
Hey guys, I'm coming across to Ireland in November, am looking for the cheapest possible way coming across by boat.

I need to either come across on Friday night (as the lass dont finish work till 3, so then a 2 hour drive to holyhead) or early saturday morning then returning Sunday afternoon time.

What's best line to use? Currently looking at stenna but they are wanting 350 ish a car return.

Aferry is coming back at 185 return but thats on the seacat which might not run if its bad weather?

How much you lads look at when you come across to england for a weekend? Also looking for some B&B's just outside of Dublin, so a short car trip to city centre..

cheers for the heads up in advance

pig666eon

Member +
well ive seen a deal from ireland return somewhere for 99 euro return so i would of imagined that it would have been cheaper i checked it up on stenna line and its about 155-170 it seems cheaper to go on a fri

stuart

Member +
I've found one from Liverpool to Dublin, its only #139, its for cabin too, overnight job, that wouldnt bother me too much.

alan_5555

Member +
Hey guys, I'm coming across to Ireland in November, am looking for the cheapest possible way coming across by boat.

I need to either come across on Friday night (as the lass dont finish work till 3, so then a 2 hour drive to holyhead) or early saturday morning then returning Sunday afternoon time.

What's best line to use? Currently looking at stenna but they are wanting 350 ish a car return.

Aferry is coming back at 185 return but thats on the seacat which might not run if its bad weather?

How much you lads look at when you come across to england for a weekend? Also looking for some B&B's just outside of Dublin, so a short car trip to city centre..

cheers for the heads up in advance

http://dublin-bed-breakfast.townandcountry.ie/

This should help you with your b&b stuart. Any surrounding area of dublin city would be ideal. Clontarf, Whitehall, Swords, All perfect locations and close to the city centre

Gryzor

Admin
B&Bs can be a bit of a rip offs for an extra couple of quid you can stay in a hotel in the City Center ...for example
http://www.laterooms.com/en/hotel-special-offers/86773_hotel-isaacs.aspx

and you can spend your afternoons drinking special brew in front of the Custom House.
Dublin_Customs_House_web.jpg

scot-ish

Member +
i'd say irish ferries, i work for stena, luckily so get it for free, but from the point of view of payin, especially with a car, i wouldnt travel them, also if you booking stena, and take the HSS, be warned if the weather is bad, it wont sale niether

scot-ish

Member +
Thought you worked with the navy?

merchant navy mate, stena bulk. being part of the merchant navy, and the fact the gf's father is basically in charge of stena ferries uk, that also helps towards it lol, and if im home from a 4 month trip, i'll do cover work on the ferries, earning a bit more dolla

gv1.3

Admin
Ive booked sailings a few times in the past and their "special offers" are total lies. I have even mailed them and asked them to stop mailing me about their special offers because they are total bullshit.

The last time I went to the UK it cost about €450 for 2 people and a car. That was leaving on a Friday coming back on Sat night.

I booked the outward journey with stenna and the return with irish ferries. Had I booked it there and back with one company it was even more expensive! Robbing shower of bastards.

If you are planning on staying in the city centre book a cheap flight and get the air coach to the city centre.

Dont bother staying outside the city centre, there is nothing to do...and you will end up getting taxis in and out costing you a fortune if you can get one that is.

Hotels are cheap at the moment. When I am back in Dublin on business I usually stay here, its nice, very quiet and cheap http://www.d4hotels.ie/

The above hotels used to cost me over 200 quid a night but they were sold to a developer who couldnt get planning permission to knock them down and build apartments so he opened them back up and its the same hotel only extremely cheap.. does the job fine :)