home dj

Jules-B

Member +
I work as a part time dj.

I have numark tt200 decks and at the moment only some cheap numark cd decks. all hooked up to a program called Serato scratch by Rane...look it up on goog.e..
I rarely use it though as whenever i play i use whatever is there!

Jules-B

Member +
Id save the money and get the 1000's.. they are far far better to use than the 800's
Either that or look at the denon range!

Andyep82

Member +
to be honest im just after one with a decent beat loop feature few effects, decent platter and a 'vinyl' mode for scratching etc

Jules-B

Member +
hmm

well having played with both id say the denon are better..more effects etcetcetc. loook on the denon website and they have demos of the different decks!

Jules-B

Member +
it varys. if im playing in a bar etc then its funky house/popular dance. If im playing in a club then its anything from electro house to garage and a bit of dnb!

Yourself?

Rob_00

Member +
i just play for fun, been offered a few slots at nights but cant really be assed with it

got all my stuff well cheap 2nd hand

gv1.3

Admin
had SL1210s but before that had sl1400 MK2s.... you will be very lucky to find a set of those though :)

Dj ep

Member +
i have 1210 sl and a djm 300 looking at cdj 1000s and a new mixer never through i would get a cd deck but after having a play with the cdj i really want 1

davehart

Member +
I use a DJM600 and Denon DNS5000 for my DJ setup.

Final Scratch used to be the bollocks for that but Serato's product has took over the market.

I'll be upgrading mine soon with the brand new combo deck from Numark which has a vinyl and CD player in one. When you play a CD you can use the full tourge off the platter to scract as if your playing off vinyl.

I'll be geeting serato tho just for the comfort of not having to burn every bit of new music (and I get about 20-30 tracks sent to me a day) to CD. Just bang it all on a laptop hooked upto a hard drive server with a big archive of music on and you can just pluck any track in there on as an instant :)

If you are on a budget for staring out there are some really good 4 chanel mixers in the 200-350 bracket. I'd get a Vestax one and a pair of CDJ400's if you dont want to spend to much. FOr 12" get a second hand pair of techs, they are very robust.

mikeylove

Member +
im a pro dj and i use cdj1000's mk3 with a djm800 with a kaos pad sometimes. like anything in life you get what you pay for and pioneer is the industry standard so it says alot about the brand but bear in mind cdj800's arnt half bad