honest opinion pls

hi everyone, not been on in a while well basically i want to know what everyone is running boost wise on starlet. i got decat, exhaust, hybrid turbo, air filter relocation, forged engine, fuel pump, rrfpr, fmic, fcd, boost controller, plugs and leads, oe mani ground out (a lot) etc and had rolling road done 172bhp at a bar. I really want to know is it safe to go above that bar setting without engine management... i dont want it to go wrong again lol

Cheers Everyone
Paul

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
If it's ported then you "should" be okay but it's still not an ideal design. My recommendation would be to run max 1.0 bar for now and get it all set in the dyno, you won't need management the FPR will suffice. It's a little crude and you will never get the optimum tune but you can get it safe none the less.

Ideally some sort of fuel controller or piggy back would be a good investment but you can still get a safe enough tune without them. obviously if you want to extract the most potential then worthwhile. Once you have a good manifold on there I would recommend 1.2 bar max, the stock CT9 will struggle a little as they are inherently small so something like a hybrid would do the job better. If your turbo is already worn then it will have a tuff time taking the abuse but using a more free flowing manifold will certainly help with the heat build up and expulsion of gases :)

T