Horn wires... where are they!?

RichP

Member +
Decided to finally fix my horn today (its never worked), so took the wheel off to get at the wiring. (its a custom wheel jobby) and all that's there is the horn switch! No sign of any wires at all!

Can anyone tell me where they wires usually come through as i'm hoping they've just been hidden or something! Thanks! :)

Hi mate, they come through the center of the boss, now if its never worked then Id imagine they are not there, so..

Imagine you have the boss infront of you, the bit that connects to the "slotted" shaft, your looking down on it (it looks like this) ( o ) .. behind the boss (on the car side) there is a metal "contact" plate thats attached to the car (thats the positive)

To get the power throigh to the boss as its constantly turning, a little "pushey" metal connector is behind the boss so when you turn the wheel its always in contact - think of it as a needle on spinning vynal. ( )-( )

On the back end of this is the wire that comes up through the boss, then the (-) negative, just connects to a metal part of the boss itself to ground it!

When you then press the button, you have a fully joined connection.

Hope this helps - hard to explain - rep please :D