how could this of happened ?

glanzaj03

Member +
anyone got any idea how this could have happened ? it was like it when i bought the car (got a bit knocked off the price). it was a fresh import so i was thinking maybe if/when it was strapped down in a container being shipped over to the uk maybe ?

more importantly though, is there anyway i can get it fixed/repaired without having to replace the whole front bumper ? i know it's only fairly small but it really get's on my....... i can't even take pics of that side of the car it annoys me so much ! lol.

any idea's anyone ? any help/idea's would be much appreciated.

thanks.

bumper-1.jpg

Last edited:

glanzaj03

Member +
Is that a small chunk of body filler that fell off? Difficult to see it in that pic

it's just the corner piece of the bumper has snapped off somehow. i can't figure out how it could of happened.....or how to fix it for that matter.
on the other side of the car the bumper goes right up into the corner, into a point but there's that bit snapped off on this side.

Last edited:

Dave.

Member +
looks to me that the actual corner of the bumper has cracked and fallen off (am i stating the obvious here?)

As with everything, it could be repaired but i'd think it'll be easier to try and track down a replacement white bumper to be honest with you, i can't see it being cheaper to repair professionally (well, of course) than buy a second hand one in the right colour. Thats what i'd do mate, unless you can fix it yourself of course.

Dave

EDIT : bet me to it lol ^

glanzaj03

Member +
looks to me that the actual corner of the bumper has cracked and fallen off (am i stating the obvious here?)

As with everything, it could be repaired but i'd think it'll be easier to try and track down a replacement white bumper to be honest with you, i can't see it being cheaper to repair professionally (well, of course) than buy a second hand one in the right colour. Thats what i'd do mate, unless you can fix it yourself of course.

Dave

EDIT : bet me to it lol ^

yeah, the corner of the actual bumper has snapped off. that's was i was thinking to be honest mate. i can't fix it myself but it's just the hassle of changing the whole front bumper just for that little piece but it annoys me so bad i'm gonna have to get it sorted.

Dave.

Member +
If it makes you feel better, a bumper ready to fit in white should be fairly cheap if you keep an eye out for one in the right colour - about £100 dependant on condition I'd think.

Worst case, you could get a 98 spec facelift one from Toyota for a good price, but it'd need painted from there :(

Just a few ideas mate :)

Dave

glanzaj03

Member +
If it makes you feel better, a bumper ready to fit in white should be fairly cheap if you keep an eye out for one in the right colour - about £100 dependant on condition I'd think.

Worst case, you could get a 98 spec facelift one from Toyota for a good price, but it'd need painted from there :(

Just a few ideas mate :)

Dave

thanks for the idea's mate. this is gonna sound like a really stupid question but if i buy a bumper off say another white glanza, will it be the same colour ? :haha: what i mean is shade etc. basically is there only one type of "white" for glanza's/glanza bumpers ?

Derek

Lifer
thanks for the idea's mate. this is gonna sound like a really stupid question but if i buy a bumper off say another white glanza, will it be the same colour ? :haha: what i mean is shade etc. basically is there only one type of "white" for glanza's/glanza bumpers ?

Should be the same color dude.

Dave.

Member +
as above, there is only one white code (040 I think) for starlets, although weathering and how well its been looked after might bring about a very minor difference in the colour (shouldnt be noticable given the gap between the panels though)

Dave

1bar

Member +
It will be the same colour but sometimes it not depends on the condition and how its aged. Might be faded.