How do you know if Power FC works???

Valdas

Member +
Hi Folks,

Finaly found a power fc for ep91 and i am about to buy it this weekend. The question is how do you know its ok cous the power fc is mapped on a car with good few mods on and my car so far is std can i just plug it in for a minute to see if it starts ??? and if it starts i take it then its ok??/

Thank you

dac69er

Super Moderator
does it come with a commander? if so that should give you a fair idea.

if not plug it in and try it. if you have the commander you can wipe the map and then it will go back to the base map and will run on a stock setup.

Fro

Member +
does it come with a commander? if so that should give you a fair idea.

if not plug it in and try it. if you have the commander you can wipe the map and then it will go back to the base map and will run on a stock setup.

Do you know how to do this or have more info??

dac69er

Super Moderator
go into the options on the commander. there is an option called 'initialise'. choose that and the map is wiped, turn ignition off for a few seconds and then back on and its job done.

search on google, plenty of info on it and more in depth description if you need it

Valdas

Member +
It does have a comander. What about the base map on power fc is it better that standard ecu map or is it the same???

Valdas

Member +
Just after spending last hour on this link and nothing about how to see if it works but base map suppose to be more torque

dac69er

Super Moderator
you probably will get more torque as i noticed the base map does have quite advanced timing. problem with that is, you may get det as it depends on lots of other factors.

to see if it works plug it in and try and start the car. if it runs it works.

weeJohn

Lifer
It should start and run on the map thats in it, unless there has been bigger injectors used for that map.

Initialise it as said above and then start the engine and let it run for 5 minutes, then switch on the lights and rear demister and let it run for another 3 minutes. That will adjust the secret idle map that you cant get access to, if the car runs ok after that then the ecu is probably ok.

There is no real way of knowing for sure without mapping it for a full throttle power run.