How do you remove recaro Evo 7 seat rails?

Johnny_B

Member +
I've got evo 7 seats with the original rails and have just got some zep rails to go in the Starlet.

Problem is I can't see how to get the rails off. I've taken off the big bolt by the seat belt and found some torx screws underneath but these seem welded on.:confused:

Basically i'm properly stuck:homer:. Anyone got any ideas?

gglavin

Member +
I've got evo 7 seats with the original rails and have just got some zep rails to go in the Starlet.

Problem is I can't see how to get the rails off. I've taken off the big bolt by the seat belt and found some torx screws underneath but these seem welded on.:confused:

get a pic up matey,

Johnny_C

Lifer

the torx screws have lock tight on them,they are a cunt to get off at time.
hammer the torx bit you use to take them off,well on to them,then use a good racket to take them off.

Johnny_B

Member +
hammer the torx bit you use to take them off,well on to them,then use a good racket to take them off.

Thanks for that. I had a go at them earlier and got one sort of loose (you can wobble it) but its still solidly locked on though. Should I just keep on at them yeah?

Johnny_C

Lifer
Thanks for that. I had a go at them earlier and got one sort of loose (you can wobble it) but its still solidly locked on though. Should I just keep on at them yeah?

no get them off,otherwise how are you ment to bolt on your zep rail!
just take your time,and make the torx bit is well in.;)

Johnny C the resident Recaro expert lol
bowdown2.gif