How fast is a starlet???

ianmcintoshi

Member +
Always something ive wondered, really how fast are starlets??? what cars compare to them? Ive only ever been in my own glanza so i dont know how muchh faster others with more bhp are lol. So wat other cars wud u say are equivalent to a:

- a 170bhp ct9 starlet???
-a 200bhp ct9 hybrid starlet???
- a 250bhp td04 starlet???
- or a monster 300bhp+ starlet???

random question i know lol:haha: bt im bored:drive:

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
- a 170bhp ct9 starlet??? Sir civics,mives etc
-a 200bhp ct9 hybrid starlet???Integra type r's and the older model WRX's
- a 250bhp td04 starlet???Newer model WRX's and STi's
- or a monster 300bhp+ starlet???This would pull past an evo 8

There generally guess's from a standing start with LSD
From a rolling start an Evo 8 couldnt get past me,he gained on me at around 160kms though and then we crossed the line.

GT_Irl

Member +

Bang on dude:)

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Depends what gears/how much traction, driver etc etc....

The more power you get in one the 0-60MPH tends to stay the same after around 220BHP(on normal road conditions) due to traction. My 320BHP starlet 3sgte couldnt hit 60MPH better then circa 5.5secs. After 60 was incredible.

Also the 1.3 starlets suffer with lag when you go up the power range so responsive cars can beat them on short sprints.

So in what context of speed are you asking for to compare? 300BHP starlet for track work would be horrible. For motorway they are great.

ChrisGT

Member +
see this was wat i was thinking :drive: sadly thats just not fast enough tho :p

I did actually overtake a Zonda F. He then moved out into the fast lane, put his window down and gave me a thumbs up, so I put my window down and then he floored it. The thing made me look as if I wasn't moving. He then let me catch up and did it again. Was jokes.

ianmcintoshi

Member +

From a rolling start an Evo 8 couldnt get past me,he gained on me at around 160kms though and then we crossed the line.

Good answer matey :rockon: rep given:)

ianmcintoshi

Member +
:
I did actually overtake a Zonda F. He then moved out into the fast lane, put his window down and gave me a thumbs up, so I put my window down and then he floored it. The thing made me look as if I wasn't moving. He then let me catch up and did it again. Was jokes.

Thats awesome :) i wish everyone that has these sort of car were that cool :cool:

richglanzav

Member +
my starlet was pretty much bang on 250bhp on a td04 and in the dry 0-60 i would estimate around 5.5 area.

a few cars i could compare it to would be a megane 225 RS, focus St (orange), scooby uk model approx 260bhp and imported one (300hp) and evo 6. FWD wise, focus ST and renault would get apsolutely blown in straight line but handling very different story especially the renault.

scooby uk model would get killed aswell. felt very slow 2bh. and then 300bhp evo/scooby, in all respects would win easy really, except for a 2nd gear roll. then i think the starlet would pull on them.

i would say a 300bhp starlet would apsolutely maul an evo or scooby on motorway. you would need a verrry fast car, like a supercar to stick with a 300bhp one in straight line.

Lidders

Member +
When i had my TD12 hybrid. i kept up with a new focus rs. dead level nothing in it. i had 215.7hp. a extremely good map i thought.