How it fit a cv boot with out removing the cv joint?

Hello lads I just failed my nct because of one of my cv boots gone not sure if it is the inter are outer one:homer:, what is the easiest way to fit it thanks

madman

Member +
handiest thing to do is remove the cv joint buddie or you will be their all day tryin to do it should take you 20 mins max to do ;)

madman

Member +
can i not fit it from the joint that comes out of the gearbox if you get me?

you could but thats more hassle removing the inner boot then imo all you need to remove the joint other than a spanner set is a deep 30mm socket and a hammer to knock the joint off slap on the new boot and away with ya

lleey2k4

Member +
I would use the cone all day, just cut the old gaiter off.

Turn the new gaiter inside out cover it in anything like oil and washing up liquid also put it on the cone and just slide it on.

So much easier than removing the boot or joint.

stuarty1

Member +
take it all of and stick a new 1 on or cut the old one and get the cv boot that cums in half and cums with glue they dont last tho

I got a cv boot there today how i fitted it was i removed the shaft from the car and put the shaft in a vice it was the outer boot that i had to change so i removed the iner cv joint really easy there is a C clip on the top if the joint hard to see first with all the shit on the joint but clean it off and you will see it. remove the iner joint, iner boot and the fxxked outer boot and that is that really.was so easy and a great day to do it.

dan-gt

Member +
or why not use a split boot i have used them in past and not had any problems aslong as there done properly and glued well with no contact of greese they spot on ;) will do perfect untill you got the time and paitance to put a genuine part on so will get the car through test :D

or why not use a split boot i have used them in past and not had any problems aslong as there done properly and glued well with no contact of greese they spot on ;) will do perfect untill you got the time and paitance to put a genuine part on so will get the car through test :D

but to do it the right way as i did was only one hour bud