how long should a forged engine last?

richglanzav

Member +
alright lads, just wondering how long should a freshly built forged engine last. lets just say running td04 etc and around 260bhp.

assuming its serviced and looked after when it needs it.

GTash

Fresh Recruit
my forged engine has done over 30k miles, is aprox 5 years old now and has not had any problems.....yet

Last edited:

AdamB

Member +
As long as its well setup, I don't see no reason why it wouldn't last 150,000 miles. Do take into account that ACL recommend their bearings are changed every 30,000 KM, other bearing brands may vary. Piston rings and headgaskets don't seal forever either.

carmen

Member +
Any engine should last a life time if built well and well maintained. Also not moulested too much

As long as its well setup, I don't see no reason why it wouldn't last 150,000 miles. Do take into account that ACL recommend their bearings are changed every 30,000 KM, other bearing brands may vary. Piston rings and headgaskets don't seal forever either.

My engine isn't forged just rebuilt.I have well over 40k on the acl bearings
I'm sure they are just tryin to cover themselves can't see why they wouldn't last into the 100ks

AdamB

Member +
My engine isn't forged just rebuilt.I have well over 40k on the acl bearings
I'm sure they are just tryin to cover themselves can't see why they wouldn't last into the 100ks

It would depend on the load that they are under. If your pushing 500bhp through Aluglide bearings there will be a lot more force on the bearings, so changing them at more regular intervals is key, before they eat away at the crank. Its cheaper to replace bearings than a crank ;)

I'm sure even Spuddy opens up his bottom end and checks the bearings every so often.