how low can you go

hazgaf241090

Member +
i want to go lower on my starlet but i dont want coilovers just springs, what shud i go 4 sum 1 send me a link please. harry

starbuck

Member +
I have a set of TEIN on mine. Lowered by 25mm all round. Not that low but i have loads of humps where i work.

ChrisGT

Member +
I have a set of TEIN on mine. Lowered by 25mm all round. Not that low but i have loads of humps where i work.

Yeah I'd say mine was the same. Kinda annoying as I was told (and the springs are supposed to) lower 40mm rear and 35mm front! Oh well!

MeisterR

Lifer
The problem you will find is that if you use really low springs... you will just kill the dampers in a very quick amount of time.

You are talking about taking out over 2" of compression travel out of the dampers...
You will be riding on your bump stop, the ride will be horrible, and your damper will blow.
After that, you will try to look for another set of dampers but the same will happen as most dampers are not design to loose that much compression travel from lowering.

In the end, the only thing that will work will be coilovers, especially a Dual Perch Coilovers like the MeisterR.
The reason is because you adjust the height using the lower bracket, so you are changing the "length" of the dampers instead of changing where the car sit on the springs.
By doing it this way, no matter how low you go, your damper travel do not change.

There are many way to achieve the same goals, but in this case there is only one "right" way to do it.

whiteglanzav

Member +
The problem you will find is that if you use really low springs... you will just kill the dampers in a very quick amount of time.

You are talking about taking out over 2" of compression travel out of the dampers...
You will be riding on your bump stop, the ride will be horrible, and your damper will blow.
After that, you will try to look for another set of dampers but the same will happen as most dampers are not design to loose that much compression travel from lowering.

In the end, the only thing that will work will be coilovers, especially a Dual Perch Coilovers like the MeisterR.
The reason is because you adjust the height using the lower bracket, so you are changing the "length" of the dampers instead of changing where the car sit on the springs.
By doing it this way, no matter how low you go, your damper travel do not change.

There are many way to achieve the same goals, but in this case there is only one "right" way to do it.

^^ and there cheap :p