how much bhp!!!

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
its more to do with the tune and overall setup dude and also engine health, that will determine how reliable your engine is. Every engine is different.

Rev

Member +
I think the K24 was designed for the stock setup this would be 240 hp max on stock engine but with higher ron Japanese fuel so some say 230hp max on 98ron that being said some people seem to blow the engine above 200hp which is why the points Pilgrim makes should be considered. If you are pushing higher boost level to get above 200hp it seems Ep82 rods are the preferred method.. Personally I am aiming for 220hp.

Last edited:

pig666eon

Member +
it was proven that the glanza rods are just as strong as gt ones just made differently with different materials thats why they are a bit smaller, but that doesnt auto mean that the gt ones are stronger

the hardcore ep boys have been running 300+ on standard internals for ages now, it all depends on your tune, compression and the health of the engine

Rev

Member +
it was proven that the glanza rods are just as strong as gt

My understanding is you are correct the glanza rods do prove as strong as the gt rods at room temperature ( the test that was done ) but at engine tempertature it is a different story.

daveEP

Member +
Klkl that helps a bit am aiming for about 200/220bhp. mines is an ep82. so would u say it was safe at that as long as its tuned right?

daveEP

Member +
Klkl yeh it will get a gd service plus the water pump ,timin belt kit, & plugs. I have got the head split from the block as im getting it port & polished.