how much boost can i run

madwizard

Fresh Recruit
Hi Guys,

just a question,

i will be using 75mm ross piston (normal comp)
pauter 5e rods
acl complete engine bearing
arp head bolt
1.4mm head gasket,
emb and profec b 2,
garret ar60 turbo
a fullrace copy manifold to suit the 1.5cc engine

may i know the max boost i can run on the above setup?

thanks

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
what do you mean by normal comp? standard comp? if so you worked out what comp you going to have with the head gasket? and the rest?

madwizard

Fresh Recruit
yes, its standard compression.
what do you mean by the rest?
p/s : i do not know how to work out the compression thingy...

thanks

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
if your doing it at a good engine builder he will be able to work it out the compression ratio for you.

you dont calculate the comp ration by the pistons only. head work/ scimming of the block and head / head gasket thicknes will all make a difference in the comp ratio bud..

madwizard

Fresh Recruit
oh ok,

so shud i get my engine builder to do the engine first and do a compression test before i determine how much boost i can use?

thanks

madwizard

Fresh Recruit
75mm ross piston (normal comp)
pauter 5e rods
acl complete engine bearing
arp head bolt
1.4mm head gasket,

the above all is from speedvision,
am base in Malaysia, engine build will be done by my mech in Malaysia..

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
wy 75mm pistons? id go for 74.5mm tbh will leave more meat on the bores & ud be safe if anything goes wrong & you would have to rebore..

boost is very dependant on how good ur fuel setup is.. not to mention if u have a modified combustion chamber (ie no rough edges) & what sort of fuel you will be running.. as long as there is no detonation you are safe to run as much as ur setup can give u :)

kon

madwizard

Fresh Recruit
wy 75mm pistons? id go for 74.5mm tbh will leave more meat on the bores & ud be safe if anything goes wrong & you would have to rebore..

boost is very dependant on how good ur fuel setup is.. not to mention if u have a modified combustion chamber (ie no rough edges) & what sort of fuel you will be running.. as long as there is no detonation you are safe to run as much as ur setup can give u :)

kon

thanks kon,

i was thinking -> the bigger the better for high hp. didnt thought bout the block becoming thinner.i believe 75mm is last bore on the 5e blok right, cus my mech mentioned to me, if anything goes wrong, just standby a new 5e block:)

i will be running on ron97 and head is being pnp now, so just wanted to know what is max boost i can run safely...

thanks