How much brake fluid?

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Yo yo yo :)

How much brake fluid does the system hold in a starlet EP82? In ml please...

I ask as im buying some expensive racing brake fluid and i really do not want to over buy.. Already have half a bottle of the stuff left from another car(250ml)ish and would like to get away with just an extra 500ml bottle.

Cheers

dac69er

Super Moderator
you should be fine with that mate. i replaced all my brake fluid with about 250ml. if your filling from completely dry it will take more, but half a litre will be enough

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Thanks guys! Yeah completely replacing old fluid for new stuff. So 750 in total should more then do the trick in that case.

Cheers :)

dark_knight

Member +
brake system fluid capacity

i'd say 750ml to allow you some bleeding room. i make it a habit to bleed each wheel with at least 10 pumps of the pedal. you'd be surprised at air bubbles still popping up at the 6th or 7th pedal depression.. :|

Dan3SGTE

Member +
i'd say 750ml to allow you some bleeding room. i make it a habit to bleed each wheel with at least 10 pumps of the pedal. you'd be surprised at air bubbles still popping up at the 6th or 7th pedal depression.. :|

Well they only sell this stuff in 500ml, but have about 250 from the old bottle which is cool.. I normally do 5 pumps, but even still I will be collecting all the fluid back in a bottle so it doesnt go to waste.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
well then, you are set with your 750ml capacity. you should not reuse the old/collected fluid since the idea is to flush the old fluid out. unless you are refilling from a bone-dry system, best to toss the old fluid. take a look at the old fluid that came out of my system after bleeding all 4 tires & the clutch.. :D

lol...

Yeah i know mate, i wasnt talking about re-using old brake fluid! Im flushing the old system out and using the new race fluid.. Thats the whole idea of putting new fluid in.

Cheers :)

dark_knight

Member +
@Dan3SGTE: alright mate.. :) just thought you might have wanted to consider a shortcut.. :D that's why i was telling you to be cautious..
all the best with that.