How much did you pay?

Lidders

Member +
Right,

Im trying to gather how much people are paying for a forged build.
Im looking for the rough price (Unless you want to say the exact price), specs, and who built it and if you would recommend them.

Thanks john

Shorty

Member +
mine cost around 5k about 3 years ago. Cant remember who built it. I bought it from an ex member on here. Specs are in the photo section under the pics of the car. It was built for 2bar + and nos on top. Its bomb proof and done me proud for 7k miles :)

ktl

Member +
mine cost around 5k about 3 years ago. Cant remember who built it. I bought it from an ex member on here. Specs are in the photo section under the pics of the car. It was built for 2bar + and nos on top. Its bomb proof and done me proud for 7k miles :)

Around £1300 fully built n fitted from Turboflow n shaq off the site. Mates rate though!

Last edited:

scot-ish

Member +
sure nick does it for a decent price, and dave, and trevor for that matter.

best bet is to fone them above up and ask about it.

weakboy2

Member +
5k, Rip off!!!

2grand for a basic build is around the going rate. Expect to pay more for headwork and crank balancing etc

GTnomez

Member +
Most of the price is the parts!

Assembling is like a jigsaw for a competent engine builder. Shouldnt cost you more that 300-500 in labour.

350ep70gr

Member +
Forge built from forge built can be very different..mine cost at around 6000 euros with no labour cost as i built it myshelf.
Only head cost me at about 1500+euro..
If i was in a labour and he was aking some money to do what i did i would say 1000 euros will be a fair price.

Chris

cossiej23

Member +
I got mine built with trevor,cost me near £2000 plus standard engine,mine is built to cope with 2 bar boost and has 4000mile on it with no issues,highly re comend them

I_<3_Boost

Member +
I think people are being a bit vaugue for what he is asking, do all your rebuild include parts and labour, and exactly what your using Ie what pistons and rods, theres quite a difference in costs on parts and also block work.
Do all the above use standard head gaskets? Oil/water pumps? standard cam belts?
Shorty's engine may have had the works.... Port and polish uprated valve springs, head gasket blah blah blah