how much oil does a c52 gearbox hold??

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
im fitting my c52 gearbox this wkend, with a cusco LSD..
i know c56 is 1.9 which is on my glanza...

but how much is a c52?? as i have 2 litres of the correct lsd oil..

dark_knight

Member +
trannie oil volume

i suspect this has been covered previously.. i'm guessing 2,000 to 2,300cc (2 to 2.3 liters). i stand corrected though, especially since you have a limited slip in there. the volume may go up to 2,500cc..

Texx

Super Moderator
2 Litres should be enough, but whether you can get all of the oil out of the containers and into the box is another matter. I'd normally buy 3 litres as I'm too impatient to wait for all of the oil to drain out of each bottle.

weeJohn

Lifer
2 Litres should be enough, but whether you can get all of the oil out of the containers and into the box is another matter. I'd normally buy 3 litres as I'm too impatient to wait for all of the oil to drain out of each bottle.

Lol, take the reverse light sensor out, take the lid off the bottle and fill it through a funnel.

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
what yu mean reverse light sensor john???

what i do when filling the gearbox, is take the 24mm bolt on fron out, and fill it with a funnel thru that till it starts to drip out..

weeJohn

Lifer
The reverse light sensor is the thing with a plug on it right on the top of the gearbox, its right beside the clutch hard line. Remove it and the plug at the front, fill it until it runs out the front the same as you normally do. Its just so much easier to fill from that area than down the front of the box.