How much oil does a GT turbo take?

AntEP82

Member +
Hi everyone didnt know where to post....... couldnt find a service section. How much oil does the GT take, mine is a mark 1 1990.

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Yeah you usually get one when you get a filter, also if you've removed the sump plug loads of times get a new one as the thread wares. You also get one with the sump plug and always replace the gasket each time. If you don't have a gasket you can from any good motorfactors and make sure it's the same size :)

T

Big_Daddy

Member +
When i collected oil filter, toyoa recommned one aslo with it. Just to add, if you have low oil, will the oil pressure drop also?

AntEP82

Member +
yes mate i've got a new sump drain bolt and gasket from toyota so think im sorted. Once again Toby thanks would add rep but dont know how lol

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Yeah it will only if it is very very low as the pump will struggle to push the little that is in there so will reduce pressure, oil pressure light should come on though if it's that low unless the pressure switch is buggered.

T

AntEP82

Member +
Rep added Toby thanks again :)

One other thing is there a section that covers all the stuff you need to know to do a service? coz if not it i think that would be a really good idea..... ie everything you need for a general service, tools, best method, torque settings. If any mods lookin wot do u think?

Last edited:

Guye

Lifer
Rep added Toby thanks again :)

One other thing is there a section that covers all the stuff you need to know to do a service? coz if not it i think that would be a really good idea..... ie everything you need for a general service, tools, best method, torque settings. If any mods lookin wot do u think?
http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12

This section contains resolved and proven troubleshoots, maintainance, repair information gathered from various members. Peruse it when you get a chance, you should find it to be educational reading. Good luck.

davehart

Member +
Its worth adding for Oil Changes that its a lot easier to remove the filter using the Oil Filter Cup Wrench that bolts onto the filter to remove it.

The amount of Oil is bang on 3l, Just changed mine this morning and its a doddle to do yourself.

I'd take the car for a short run before a change as warm oil drains beter than cold oil.