how much would it cost?

mikeybad1989

Fresh Recruit
im buying a new ep82 found a mint standard one as i want to start from fresh but its an auto how much would it cost to convert to manual i work in a garage so labour not a prob just want a price on all the parts ill need really?

TheStarletGT

Member +
You will pay for a front cut garanteed, $1500 +.

Reason i say is that most import wrecking outlet dickheads wont seperate a front cut for its parts. There was a frontcut on ebay for $1800, the person had 5 other ep82 front cuts. I enquired about just the engine only, he wanted $1500, just for the engine. Later as i mentioned, i didnt need an engine afterall as i fixed my engine.

I emailed the same person for a full quote for an auotmatic conversion package, he replied by asking to call. Like how hard is it to write a quote via an email reply. Just be prepared that you will be forking out a bucket load for a auto conversion. Unless you find a local person that wrote off the car and get backyard prices instead of dealer prices.

Stulet-GTT

Member +
Would it jus not be a case of finding a manuel gear box then finding someone breaking one an getting the peddle an gear wires links an stuff out there's?????

mikeybad1989

Fresh Recruit
not 100% sure because thinking of buying on of tm developments forged engine and goin td04 so will be doing it all at once so if it is as simple as a new box then cool if there alot of work involved ill just hold out and buy a manual one one will come up eventually

You will pay for a front cut garanteed, $1500 +.

Reason i say is that most import wrecking outlet dickheads wont seperate a front cut for its parts. There was a frontcut on ebay for $1800, the person had 5 other ep82 front cuts. I enquired about just the engine only, he wanted $1500, just for the engine. Later as i mentioned, i didnt need an engine afterall as i fixed my engine.

I emailed the same person for a full quote for an auotmatic conversion package, he replied by asking to call. Like how hard is it to write a quote via an email reply. Just be prepared that you will be forking out a bucket load for a auto conversion. Unless you find a local person that wrote off the car and get backyard prices instead of dealer prices.

The above is a pile of absolute balls, you don't need a front cut.

Do a search on the forum, it's been covered before and people posted up the list of what you need,I can't see it costing anymore than 400-500 for all the parts you'll need.

EDIT: A 30 second search dug up this; http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums...parts-help!!&highlight=auto+manual+conversion

Last edited: