How soft is your EP82 power steering???

93starletgt

Member +
Hello just got my EP82 and I have a question about the power steering... I know the car has power steering from factory, but it is kinda stiff in comparison with other cars I have had... The fluid on the power steering reservoir shakes a bit it looks like it is being pumped fine)... it is a bit hard to turn the steering wheel all the way using just one hand when the car isn't moving sometimes and need a help from my other hand :drive:

Does this car supposedly have a stiffer power steering? thanks!

smythy75

Member +
Hello just got my EP82 and I have a question about the power steering... I know the car has power steering from factory, but it is kinda stiff in comparison with other cars I have had... The fluid on the power steering reservoir shakes a bit it looks like it is being pumped fine)... it is a bit hard to turn the steering wheel all the way using just one hand when the car isn't moving sometimes and need a help from my other hand :drive:

Does this car supposedly have a stiffer power steering? thanks!

that seems normal for them, is is 16 years old like

dac69er

Super Moderator
its old skool power steering. not like this new type poofta power steering that even a feeble old man can turn with one hand.

has a bit more feel too it i think.

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
Yeah it is rather stiff, when I got my Peugeot as my daily drive it felt like I could just blow on the wheel and it'd turn.

93starletgt

Member +
its old skool power steering. not like this new type poofta power steering that even a feeble old man can turn with one hand.

has a bit more feel too it i think.

right, but I have had old cars just like this one and they were not as stiff! so... now that I read your replies it seems to be normal on these cars...

EvilKnievel

Member +
sounds normal, also depends on the size of the steering wheel. Smaller aftermarket wheels turn a bit harder it seems. Also realised the faster I drive the easier the wheel turns. :)

EvilKnievel

Member +
thats physics mate. happens whether you have power steering or not. the wheel will always be easier to turn when your moving rather than stationary

Was meant as a joke:haha: But what do we learn from this? :teach: Dont drive slow and you dont need power steering! :drive: