how to get tdo4 setups through irish nct

hi guys havent posted on here for well over a year but was thinking about buying a tdo4 starlet but am put off as how would i get a tdo4 setu through nct with emissions?
as there wold be no cat?:confused:

has anyone managed to do it or know of a way?

as it would be pointless me buying a tdo4 and not being able to drive it on the road!

thanks in advance

dave

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
will still fail on emmisions with cat in place :) 100 euro in the glovebox should do the job

or else keep your ct9 setup and swap over ,bit of a balls i know but once a year isnt so bad when ya think of it :)

ya popsy its a disaster since i can barely service a car myself nevermind swap turbos mani and cats round once a year!ha if nct was every 2 years id prob bite the bullet but the hassle of payin someone to do it once a year is a bit much! :( i see mike ep91s old glanza is up for sale on donedeal mite be worth a look

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
ya popsy its a disaster since i can barely service a car myself nevermind swap turbos mani and cats round once a year!ha if nct was every 2 years id prob bite the bullet but the hassle of payin someone to do it once a year is a bit much! :( i see mike ep91s old glanza is up for sale on donedeal mite be worth a look

ya the lad who bought it never keeps a car he must have 10+ cars this year

if you have all the stuff im sure people on the site from mayo would help you swap them over ,i didnt have a clue until i joined this site either and people helped and showed me what to do , before ya know it ya be ripping out engines :)

last resort a few hours work for a mechanic 100 euro max

dan-gt

Member +
Are the tests stricter in Ireland as with td05 set up mine passed here in UK don't get me wrong was very tight and had to play around at different rpms to get it through but its possible

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
is the lad who bought it on here? just wondering is it exact same spec as when mike had it at 184bhp!
no dont think so he is on the irish site toc if ya want to join there ya get all the info ya need , think chris on here rebuild the engine to a standard spec
Are the tests stricter in Ireland as with td05 set up mine passed here in UK don't get me wrong was very tight and had to play around at different rpms to get it through but its possible

very strict over here dan , how is my old setup treating you ?? everything ok

dan-gt

Member +
no dont think so he is on the irish site toc if ya want to join there ya get all the info ya need , think chris on here rebuild the engine to a standard spec

very strict over here dan , how is my old setup treating you ?? everything ok

It running great mate, had it all up and running for few weeks and took her off road for some dressing up and a few more additions :)

dan-gt

Member +
Good to hear m8, did ya ever get her on dyno

Sure did mate but building the suspense a little while will be documented build with graphs from raceline in a few weeks mate

Sorry to spam your thread mate hope you got some ideas looks like only route for you is to strip it back each year or get friendly with a nct station